Chapter 4: The Sword of the Holy Knight

Psssst... fun fact I haven't read this chapter when I was writing this... that means after I publish this I would be reading this chapter!! Anyway ENJOY THIS CHAPTER!!!

------------------------------------------------------------

Liones Kingdom, Capital City. One Month Ago...

The moon was covered that night, when the castle of the royal family that once brought so much warmth to the citizens of the capitol, had become cold and tense. The air was heavy, as if a storm was forming all around the palace.

"Open this door!"

"There's no place left for you to run!"

"Your Majesty!"

Holy Knights banged their armored fists against the thick wooden doors of the barricaded throne room, trying to break through and attempt to arrest the King and his youngest daughter, who had hidden themselves inside. The third princess, Blake, a young teenage girl dressed in a fine white coat over her leather chest-wrappings and pants, gripped the pommel of the sword on her back, growling as she silently dared the traitors to break through and try to take them.

Blake's father, the king Ghira, placed a large hand over her head, shockingly gentle for his size. Her anger seemed to melt away as she turned and looked into the deep golden eyes that matched her own. "Blake..." he whispered, his voice hoarse and rough from the sickness he battled. "You must go."

"No, I won't escape alone! I won't leave you father!"

Ghira sighed, petting her uncovered feline ears, "I will be fine, but you have to leave, now!" as much as his youngest child was stubborn, she had gotten it from him. This was not a time for stubbornness however.

Blake seemed horrified at the thought of leaving him to the Holy Knights while she fled. "But..." she began to protest, only to be cut off by her king.

"Go! Before the Holy Knights find you!" his eyes burned into his daughter in a blazing authority she had not seen from him since he fell ill all those months ago. As much as Blake wanted to object, scream and cry until her father either came with her or she was captured alongside him, she knew there was no other way.

She would have to leave him behind.

The wooden door crackled and splintered as a burning smell filled the throne room before bursting in an explosion that completely destroyed the only thing standing between Blake and her capture. All she could bear to see before she closed the small secret door concealed behind the throne, was the Holy Knights flooding into the room. She leaned against the door, tears burning as they fought to escape, but she held them in as she turned away from her father and ran down the dark tunnel.

Blake grit her teeth as she vowed to come back for her father, her family, and her people.

------------------------------------------------------------

Blake Belladonna, third princess of Liones, was driven away from the castle by the Holy Knights' traitorous uprising.

To right this injustice, she searched for the legendary rebels, the Seven Deadly Sins.

But the princess was being pursued by the Holy Knights, and just as she needed a helping hand, a woman from a tavern came to her rescue.