Ch5

I close the projection on my transmitter. I was not expecting them to be anywhere close to finding me, but they have me down to the planet, and they could probably track the pods from there. I need to contact Zander. I don't particularly wish to speak to him, but if we are being hunted he is now a liability. We can't have him giving away my position by doing something stupid. Not like I would be surprised if he screwed up anyway.

I dial up his number and he takes a few seconds before answering. I call Elena into the room, she deserves to know this as well. Zander's friend, Jayden, I believe it was, was sitting behind him.

"You called?" He says in a smug tone.

"Don't get ahead of yourself. This is hardly a personal call. I believe that they have found us. I have been using the transmitter to hack into their security cameras. They know what planet we're on, and I'm afraid that it would not be easy to hide if they touched down anywhere near us." I say solemnly.

"That is unfortunate. I guess this means your hiding place was insufficient." He sneers, something I haven't seen him do in a while.

"They tracked us through the remaining database. No matter where we went they would have found us. Just be glad I picked somewhere that it will take them time to travel too." I reply.

"Who are they?" Jayden asks.

"Well they think that they're paladins, but once they deside that a race is unworthy, they make it their lif goal to "purge" it. We thought we were safe because they were bound by interstelar law not to attack us, but obveously their religion was more important to them." I tell him in a bitter tone. My hatred seething.

"What are you guys gonna do about it?" Jayden asks curiously.

"Hope that they arn't smart enough to engage. Although, there is a snowballs in Hell chance of that. She is a master stratigest, and a extremely skilled warrior. Single handedly, she has destroyed over a hundred different civilizations. Some even call her Kiriah the Huntress. As for the moment, we are her prey." I tell him.

"What do you mean engage?" Elena asks.

"She means if they came to this planet and forced the government to hand us over, we would be screwed." Zander answered.

"Well it will be a week before they arrive. We will have to prepare before then. Maybe sooner depending on if they decide to send a scout first, but the scout will pose little to no threat." I inform them. Zander nods and closes the call. Elena leaves the room to find her father. I stare up at the ceiling and sigh.

It's kinda sad to know your death is coming, but I say that like I could possibly allow myself to go down without a fight.

The next day I faut having to go to school. I wanted to enjoy my last week of life, but Elena had an idea. Sinse when I don't use my powers extensively only my eyes give me away, she went out and bought me a pair of sunglasses. I think for once I am going to enjoy this.

I suffered through the days proceedings. Although, I did switch the cups of supplies around on my math teachers desk. I had to look down into my backpack to do it, but it was worth it. He kept walking back to his desk, and every time his face warped slightly. I was just sitting there silently laughing at him, and he had no idea why.

This was the moment I had been waiting for all day. The bell rang for lunch, and I put on my sunglasses. I looked over at Elena.

"Is it ok if we let Angie, Lucy, and Kate in on this? While not spectacular, it's going to extremely funny." I ask, and she only nods in response. She leaves, and when she comes back hey all sit down with their lunch.