-Chapter 1-

Chapter 1

Mother Nature landed on a soft spot in the grass and sighed. At that moment the 12 wizards appeared and sprinted up to greet her.

          “Welcome back Mother Nature,” the head wizard Sherlock greeted.

          “Ah, yes, long time- hundred years I believe?” answered the slightly distracted Mother Nature. But it had been a hundred years since they last saw each other in the Valley of the Crystals. This Valley was the most beautiful are in the land. Every blade of bright green grass was covered in tiny crystals of all sizes, shapes and colors. From the lightest purple to the darkest navy blue hue covered the nearly 2 mile valley. And what rose around were bluish gray mountains that guarded the valley. But was so majestic about this land? In the very center of the valley, right around where Mother Nature had handed, was a giant oak tree. It towered about 75 feet up in the air and was capped with Kelly green leaves about the size of your hand. One important detail was left out. Every Piece of bark and every leaf was coated in crystals, but not the beads of grass that were in the grass, no, this was more of a liquid coating that made the tree live all year long, green and bright. When the sunlight hit it just right all the leafs and the bark reflected the light and made a blinding affect that stunned even the most talkative people into a shocked silence, that often left them gaping. But this only happened every 100 years, when it was time for them to meet. This time they had more disturbing news.

The dark lord has begun his conquers of the universe and if they did nothing to stop him then within 20 years, earth will be doomed to evil and dictatorship under the dark lord. They had come together to discuss their options but Mother Nature had a surprise.

“Gentlemen, I have found a solution to our problems,” She started, “What if we take the 9 eternal objects and give them to my daughter Amethyst?” Mother Nature paused for their response.

          “But Madame, Amethyst is only 3 and is half mortal! We simply cannot put the child in danger,” Sherlock exclaimed.

“Yes, but we have 20 years before the darkness is powerful enough and she is really talented, plus the nine eternal objects will guide her. As for her mortality, we are going to immortalize her anyways. So this is perfect to prove that she can do it,” argued Mother Nature. “Also,” she continued, “I am positive that she is the answer to our problems, so positive that I brought her with me!”

The entire audience gaped when Mother Nature revealed a young girl from behind her white and ivy cloak. There stood a young blond haired blue eyed girl with a bejeweled pacifier in her mouth and a small teddy bear hair in her hand. Sherlock moved towards the girl but she lifted the teddy bear and pointed it at him and he froze in midair.

“Oh Amethyst! Please release him, he is going to hurt you,” Coaxed Mother Nature. Now Mother Nature turned to the wizards.

“As you can see, I have taught her the basics of magic and with nine eternal objects, she will be unstoppable.”

“I suppose so,” replied Sherlock, trying to regain his wits, after he realized that he had been frozen by 3 year old.

“She will! That’s why I am leaving her in your care,” reassured Mother Nature.

This caused all 12 wizards to gasp. “Why she has a mother, why should be raise her?” exclaimed Sherlock.

“Yes she does, but you and the other wizards can teach her magic and other things that I can’t,” reasoned Mother Nature. “In fact there is a house about ½ miles from the tree that you can all live in,” she continued, “The nine eternal objects are there too.”

The nine eternal objects were the most powerful objects on the earth. If they were given to one person, he or she would be unstoppable. The objects included the spring sector, Poseidon trident, the snow crown, the scattered heart of fall, the blue diamond, summer vial of joy, Apollo’s harp and Artemis bow and arrow and the black sword. However the black sword had been stolen by the dark lord.

“Alright, we will raise her. But what do we will her about mother?” asked Sherlock.

“The truth, of course! She will grow knowing what she has to do” said Mother Nature. With that Mother Nature was gone with only the child left behind.

          Sherlock took her hand, the twelve wizards and the child pondering the question, “What happens next?” They started walking towards Amethyst new home.