PREFACE

When I first got to this place I thought nobody would welcome me, and that I'd never have somebody that would care for me, thought I'd never have a real that place I belonged.

Boy was I wrong, Stoic Falls became my home. It's the first place that I've ever felt welcome. As a 22 year old woman, my life shouldn't be something that interests many people.

I've failed in life, I'm a college drop out, who ran away from an arranged marriage, with the richest man in the states.

Coltyn Maveryk the man I was supposed to marry,

And the sad part is that for the longest time, I actually loved him. Who am I kidding there's a huge difference between love, and infatuation.

I was just a child then, I didn't know anything.

I thought that because he looked at me genuinely, and kindly. Instead of what I was used to from my father; Cold stare, full of nothing but either disappointment or hope, and I was so stupid... I thought that Coltyn actually had some sort of feelings for me, outside of what was forced on him.

But.. in the end I let my father down, I let the little bit of my family I had left down... I missed the old days when he treated me like his daughter and not his slave made of clay, that he'd turn into his money making rag doll.

I despise my father. I mean of course I still love him... at least the idea of him. The memory of him.. of who he was. But who he was doesn't matter, it's because of who he is now that I ran away.

I can't believe he thought he could force me into a marriage, a fricking marriage. Most people would worry about your kid getting a good education, going to college, meeting the love of his\her life, getting married, having kids, growing old together.

The perfect love story.

But no, my prayers were never answered. My dad was instead, obsessed with me meeting important people, with... well.. important sons.

After Mom left he changed, he was a different person. And I know change is good. If I didn't think that, than that would make me a hypocrite. I changed all of our lives on mere impulse.

I couldn't marry him. Not after the things he had said to me...

But that's a story for another time, I don't have time to relive the past. I'm no longer that helpless girl, in that cold, and lonely world. I left. I'm free to be who I want to be, who I was supposed to be.

So now I need to get to my job, the current most important thing in my life. I take care of kids. No not like a babysitter, also no, I don't work at an orphanage or anything like that. - It's a place for the depressed, weak, abused, and socially awkward kids, who just can't seem to fit in.

It's a free place (with the exception of paying for food, and games. But nothing's too expensive.) for kids to hang out with each other, it's a place for them to be real, for them to be themselves and to embrace what that means, to embrace who they are.

There's counselors there at all times to help the kids, and to be that person that they're supposed to have. That person that they're supposed to be able to talk to, the best friend they never had. The best friend I never had, the best friend I SHOULD have had... I'm not gonna bring that up right now though.