Chapter 12

It all happened so quickly.

An arrow went right past his head, almost striking him. It could've killed him. It missed. He was lucky.

He froze for a second.

Then he ran.

***

Theo's POV

The world was a strange one. It was funny how one minute he was taking a simple stroll and now he was dragging Liam Dunbar to safety from hunters. Life seemed to really enjoy watching Theo frustrated.

He didn't want to be Liam's little savior. The kid claimed he could easily kick his ass? Well, he sure wasn't living up to those words. Theo had found Liam about to get murdered by hunters and had swooped in to save him. Why? Good question. He was asking himself the same thing. As said before, he did NOT want to be his savior of any sort. He should've left him to the hunters. But something inside him told him he couldn't, and, of fucking course, he listened to it.

Theo lugged unconscious Liam all the way to the McCall household, though he knew neither Scott nor Melissa would be home. He frowned and jiggled the doorknob, finding it locked. He glanced behind him to check if he was being watched, then quickly picklocked the door, and enters, pulling Liam along. Once inside, he shut the door and locked it once more. He went into the living room and dropped Liam onto the couch with a grunt. He let out an angry sigh. He didn't sign up to be a babysitter.

He sat down on the couch beside Liam and slouched down, leaning his head in his hand, his elbow propped on the couch arm. Liam seemed to be healing fine, but Theo swore that once he woke up, he'd beat the crap out of him. What was he thinking, going out alone?! Then again, Theo had done the same, but the difference between them each going out alone was that Liam had a pack. Theo didn't. He glared at Liam. He could've had a pack if none of them had resisted. He could've had a pack if they'd agreed with him. He could've had the strongest pack.

But no.

Theo huffed, this time more with annoyance rather than anger. The hunters were looking for them, no doubt about that. They wouldn't be able to hide forever, but apparently Liam thought they could. He wasn't waking up, probably taking a nap at this point. Theo turned to him and poked him in the side, but Liam gave no response. Theo did this a few more times, but Liam still didn't stir. The air suddenly felt heavy and he leaned a little closer to Liam and listened. Liam was still breathing. Okay. He was still alive. Why wasn't he responsive then? Theo adjusted Liam so that he was sitting up, but as he did, Liam slowly fell sideways on onto Theo, to which Theo scowled and pushed him off, muttering,”Ew.” Finally, Theo simply held him up with one arm and used his free hand to slap Liam. When it didn't work, well, he slapped him again. When it didn't work the next ten times, he gathered all his strength and collided his fist with Liam's face. Or at least it would've if someone hadn't stopped him.

He looked up to see who had grabbed his fist and was startled to see Scott.

“What're you doing?” Scott asked, looking confused. “Why are you here?”

“I didn't ask to be here,” Theo immediately said, then gestured towards Liam. “I had to save your beta. He can't save himself.”

“What happened to him?” Scott asked, a concerned look on his face. He lifted Liam's face in his direction and examined the injuries, his worry becoming more and more obvious.

“Most of it was hunters, some of it was me dragging him here and trying to wake him up.” Theo gave his signature smirk, this time more sheepish than usual as he noticed a flash of anger and alert flash in Scott's eyes.