Prologue: New Student

Hinata sat in his chair, wagging his tail, waiting for class to start. As the classroom filled with more students, he felt the glares from the vampires located across the room. In fear, he hid his tail and resumed waiting for class to begin.

          Once the bell rang, the classroom door opened, revealing his teacher. When the teacher reached his desk, a student walked in. Hinata looked up at him from where he sat and examined him.

          He is so... bland. Shōyō thought, looking at his black hair and dark blue eyes. The student glanced around the classroom and his eyes landed on the orange haired idiot. He made a 'tsk' sound and turned around to write his name on the board. Suddenly, Hinata felt a thick aurora surround him that was both dense and frigid cold. Definitely a vamp. He thought, now noticing how sharp his fingernails were and how the other werewolves didn't have the courage to even look at him. Might as well just ignore him. I mean it's not like-

         "Alright, Mr. Tobio, why don't you sit next to Mr. Shōyō in the back." Hinata was snapped out of his thoughts as the vampire was already setting his books down next to him. The werewolf groaned as he mentally scolded himself for jinxing it. Hinata tried to look at " Mr. Tobio's " full name, but before he could, the teacher erased the board. After a few agonizing minutes of silence, one of them finally spoke,

        "You smell awful." It was Tobio who spoke, his voice duller and colder than a clouded night sky. Hinata presumed that this was his normal voice, as it had no emotion behind it, the same as his face, that was still looking towards the front of the classroom. Unconsciously, Shōyō replied,

       "And you look awful." As soon as those words came out of his mouth, he knew he would regret it. Sure, he could pick a fight with another werewolf, but a vampire twice his size? No way. Before he could apologize, Tobio fired back,

       "At least I don't look like a second grader." Ok. Now this guy was pissing him off.

       "At least I don't look like a unsociable, ignorant, self-absorbed king." Great, now not only was he going to get into a fight with a vampire, but he was also going to get pulverized. Once the orange haired werewolf looked up at Tobio, he noticed anger and annoyance plastered on his face as he glared down at him.

     "You are going to regret ever saying that." His voice had dropped an octave lower and it seemed as though Hinata had flipped some sort of switch. He already regretted speaking to other in the first place, yet he couldn't stop himself. He had picked a fight with vampires when he was little, but he was never this scared of the punishment that he would receive. So, for the rest of the class period, Shōyō stayed dead silent, rehearsing tons of different ways Tobio could harm him later in his head.

                      ____________________________________

                                                      Time Skip

                      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

         When lunch started, Shōyō was already running down the stairs to head to the back of the school. His tail was finally free and he could bring out his ears too. Right before he got there, however, he felt a hand grab the back of his collar and fling him into a storage room.

        Before he hit the wall, he transformed into a wolf, causing a stack of brooms to fall and snap underneath him. His fur was covered in dust and splinters, so he decided to transform back. Once he did, he felt hands pin him against a wall. One hand was on his throat and one was keeping his hands above his head. It was fairly dark, yet he could faintly make out Tobio's hair and eyes.

        "Tobio, what are y-AH!" Shōyō barely had any time to react as he felt fangs pierce the skin of his neck. He struggled to get away, kicking and shouting for the vampire to stop. As his pleads became louder, he eventually felt a piece of cloth being stuffed in his mouth, muffling his voice. The hand that once held his own was now on his hip, his arms falling limp. Shōyō struggles began to decrease as he felt more and more light-headed. He could feel the blood drain from his body and the only thing h could do was stay there, wait, and let the tears fall down his cheeks.

        Eventually, the small werewolf couldn't take it anymore and blacked-out in Tobio's arms. Once that happened, the vampire pulled out his fangs and lapped at the blood that was left from the mark. He cursed as he realized how much blood he had taken. Why did I do that? Tobio questioned himself. I hurt so many others when they called me that name, but not this badly... Is it because I enjoyed the way it rolled off his tongue? No, that would be ridiculous, I never liked being called that before so why now?... Why?... Now?

_________________________________________________________Author Note: Prologue: Complete!

Well then, that took a while. I have around two chapters already typed, however I just need to edit them into the Wattpad format.

Art by: https://craziiwolf.tumblr.com/

Words: 883