Chapter 9

I started the shower and grabbed the towel out of the shelf. I put it on the rack and looked around. I hesitantly stripped and stepped under the running water.

I don't know how long I stayed in the shower. I jumped out when my fingers looked shriveled. I wrapped the towel around my body and padded into the closet. I slipped a multi colored V-neck ruffle printed dress. I found some cognac sarina multi strap sandals and some rings. I figured that if it came to it, I cound hit the guy so I grabbed the rings and slipped them onto my fingers. The first I found was an ivory marble epoxy flower ring, the second was a silver skull crossover ring, the third was an ivory two-finger epoxy ring, and the last was a silver epoxy love two-finger ring. I didn't put on any earrings in fear that they could be ripped out. I didn't put on a necklace either.

I walked back into the bathroom and grabbed my only belongings. I piled them onto the bed. I slipped my hand into my boot and pulled out my cell phone. I walked into the closet and tried to turn it back on. I must've had some good luck because it powered on silently. I checked the time first. It was six fourty-three. I hit the redial button. I held it to my ear and listened to it ring. I pulled the closet door closed and slipped behind the dresser and rows of hanging clothes.

"Hello?" Sage answered. "Ally?"

"Sage!" I whispered. "Sage, I don't know where I am! They moved us! There's an old picture... go to my mom! My mom will know! You have to help her! Help us!"

"Breathe, Ally!" he tried to joke, but there was no humor in his voice.

"Sage, they moved me. Faye is on the first floor. I'm on the second... or third... I'm not sure. There's this guy... Warren. He keeps calling me his love and darling... He wants me to join him for dinner! In ten minutes!" I exclaimed quietly.

"Ally, I miss fighting with you." he sighed. His voice even cracked, but it quickly went back to normal. "I'm gonna get you guys home. Oh.. and, Ally, I have something to tell you."

"Okay." I whispered. "What is it?"

"I.... I l-"

I heard footsteps coming closer and I turned the phone off and slipped it under the dresser as the door opened in the bedroom. I ran my fingers through my hair quickly and took a deep breath.

"Alison?" an unfamiliar voice called. "She's-"

I stepped out of the closet.

"Right here." I mumbled.

He let out a sigh of relief when he saw me. "The boss would've had my head!"

"Please?" My voice cracked and tears filled my eyes. "I want to go home."

"I'm sorry." he shook his head and turned away as if he couldn't bear to look at me. " The only place I'm allowed to take you is the dining room. Warren wants to have dinner with you."

I wiped a traitorous tear away from my face and followed him to the door where he turned and grabbed my wrist gently. There was an apologetic look on his face and I dropped my head. I watched my feet as he led me to an enormous room with a large dining table. The young man from last night was sitting at the end and I was placed beside him.

"Hello, dear." he tried to take my hand, but I slid them both under the table and let them rest in my lap as my eyes stayed on my rings.

His fist collided with the table top.

"Alison, if this relationship is going to work, you need to behave!" he roared.

I shuddered, but my mouth opened and my eyes met his accusingly. "What relationship? It's just you and your sick fantasies!"

He slapped me. It stung and I was now looking toward the doorway I'd entered. I'd never been hit by a man before. I'd never actually been hit at all before. The only fights I'd ever gotten into were mine and Faye's playful fights and a shoving match in the seventh grade.

I glared at him for a moment before lunging. I balled up my fist and heard the sickening crunch when I hit his nose.

"You little b-" he screamed when I cut him off with another cry of pain as he ripped out a handful of my hair.

"You sick bastard!" I yelled, throwing another punch.

He punched me in the jaw. He was so much stronger than I was. I was no match to him. He hit me repeatedly until I was on the brink of passing out.

"Have you learned your lesson yet?" he asked with a sickly sweet smile.

"Put your hands up!" someone yelled from another part of the house. "This is the police!"

That was the last thing I heard before my lids grew too heavy.