1

Emily had a big smile on her face as she combed out her hair, watching her reflection in the bathroom mirror. The long dark brown locks leading all the way down her back. She felt beautiful, the opposite reflection of herself alluring in all ways. Emily's bright green eyes shone like gems when she smiled at herself. After the last stroke of her comb, she set it down on the bathroom counter and preceded to put two clear diamond stud earings into her ears. 100% real and antique. Her father was very wealthy so it was only natural she wore the very best jewelry. He was a very well-known software architect in the business while her mother was an author of major psychology studies. It all added up to Emily living mostly by herself as an only child in the spacious mansion. You could imagine it might be lonely, but Emily found it magnificent. She felt like a rare diamond herself.

Emily pulled a black-sleeveless button up shirt over her head, poking her arms out of both arm-holes easily one by one. The simple shirt fit beautifully on Emily's small yet lengthy frame and the short, yet flouncy, lacy-white skirt she added made her feel even more like a princess. Next, she added a pair of lavenderblush colored flats with pure white ribbons as laces to her whole ensemble. Emily smiled to herself in the mirror again, doing a small twirl for herself before deciding she was ready to go and left the bathroom.

Really, it was just another typical day at Philia High School. Emily had her favorite class first; Art, but first she had to visit her boyfriend at the football field down by the track. It was just apart of her daily morning routine at this point. Emily always drove her pristine Cadillac ELR to school and blasted every song on the radio the whole drive there. After parking and gathering her backpack from the passenger seat, Emily would still be humming some lyrics to the last song she was listening to. From the parking lot she could spot the track feild accross the way, the football team was still out practicing like they did every morning from 6am to 7am. She could spot the large '9' on the back of one of the jerseys. It was Travis' number, her boyfriend.

Emily walked the short distance towards the track field. She yelled "Hey!" and smiled and waved when Travis spotted her. Her boyfriend came jogging over immediately to the sound of Emily's voice. He already had a big smile on his face at the sight of her and greeted her with the casual "Hey baby" and a kiss on the lips. Travis was tall and powerful, lean muscle covering all over his frame, making Emily look like a fragile doll in comparison. He had sexy cunning dark hazel eyes and messy blonde hair to match.

"Ew, get away from me, you smell terrible!" Emily giggled and pushed him away by his chest, the glint in her eyes saying the complete opposite.

Travis saw this as a challenge and quickly grasped Emily, pickering her up off the ground bridal style and holding her close to him. They both giggled obnoxiously as Emily kicked and lashed out at her playful boyfriend. She ended up giving Travis one last kiss before he put her down, adding a light pat onto her rear. Emily fake growled back at him, only making him laugh more. But she could never stay mad at him for long anyway.

"You got Art today right?" Travis prodded, "You know that class is pretty much useless. You should come skip with me and the guys, we're gonna go hang by the lake. Johnny's gonna bring the beer and everything! And I won't look at any of the other girl's I swear!" He flashed an award winning smile as a way of begging his girlfriend.

Emily was not to keen on the idea. Personally, she loved class, especially art class. It was apart of her. Art class was her favorite class! But of course, she's never mentioned it to her boyfriend or her friends because they wouldn't understand anything about the "creative process". But at the same time, she would look like a total bookworm if she didn't agree to skip out. And it's not that she didn't like drinking with her friends but she did think art class was somewhat important to her. Was she just going to have to decline? What would Travis and the others think about her then..?