First 12 Hours (Preview)

She plied into my arms...

Sweet melodic music filled my ears, and I was spinning. Twirling as though not a care in the world was pressed upon me. Flowers were in bloom, leaves were falling, and I was laughing. Sweet melodic music filled my ears as I entered the beginning to an end. My end, the ending of me, the ending of my beginning and the beginning to my end. 

I opened my eyes, drank in the dank small room that contained me...but the sweet melodic music.

Looked down at my hands, those long cream colored fingers that had traced the contour of so many bodies. Those long cream colored fingers that had pluck the strings of instruments unseen and unheard. Those long cream colored fingers that sang out BANG! BANG! BANG! Almost every night for the past three years...but the sweet melodic music. My eyes traveled down my long slender legs and rested upon my ankles, shackled like an animal. Legs that had carried me to far away lands and walked me into places no woman, no man, no child ever dare cross. Legs that had me twirling as though not a care in the world was pressed upon me...

I closed my eyes, drew in the smell of burnt flesh, blood, piss, shit...I drew in the smell of nothing more, but death. My own impending end was not that far away, and it was then that I knew. I knew that nothing would ever quite be the same...but the sweet melodic music. That music that once cleansed my soul, made me feel like I was whole, like I was love, was now torturing me. It was then, in that moment I opened my eyes again...and I drank in her. 

If beauty had a name it would be hers. If God had created perfection, it would be living inside of her and she would be nothing short of his greatest gift. If the angels were to sing a song it would fall upon her lips, and her voice would be the sounds that made children cry...cry tears of joy through the pain and anguish. If I had life to give it would be hers, she was me and I was her. We were us, and nothing, no one, man or woman could ever change that. She was everything I had envisioned my idea of perfection to be...tall and statuesque  with a honey coated skin so sweet. Her dark auburn hair hung loosely in wind swept curls framing her sweet heart face. Her doe like eyes and bow lips smiled a smile that could kill, but also heal the deepest wounds. Her curvy body was nothing short of being soft, supple, and like laying among the clouds...I drank in her...but the sweet melodic music.

As I lay shackled and draped in nothing but cheap chiffon and pure sweat...adrenaline...she rose and walked over to me. The room vibrated almost as her heels clicked across the conrete floor CLICK! CLICK! CLICK! When she reached me, she wiped away the tears that rolled slowly down my face. Her long claw like red nails ran through the loose curls atop my head and in her rage she yanked. She yanked my head back so swift, so fast that it was surprising she didn't snap my neck. With her devilish smile she kissed...she kissed my plump wanting lips. Our tongues did a dance of love, pain, anger...lust. 

 She plied into my arms...

She drew back, sighing that she had satisfied her cravings and walked away. That same clicking sound that had caused my heart to speed up as she approached me, caused my heart to slow down as she walked away...but the sweet melodic music.

Once more I closed my eyes and this time I allowed myself to dream. I drifted into the world of yesterday and felt at peace with where I was going.

"Spec,"

"Yes,"

"You have to let go and withdraw yourself from the situation,"

"Who said I was ever holding on,"

"Spec, you can see it in your eyes. You can see the pain in your eyes,"

"Then I suggest you don't look me in my face then. I didn't hire you to analyze me or my emotions. I hired you to kill, so I suspect unless you want to be placed in a 3 day hold yourself that you back down and walk away,"

"Spec I just don't want to see you end up torturing yourself in the long run. You had a way out, you had the green light to go, but for some reason you keep going through the ringer over and over again,"

"You didn't hear my first warning. Get the hell out of here and do your damn job before I switch your places and you end up in there!"

"Think about it,"

In my dreams I lived in the world that I had so long forgotten. I had traveled back to my 21st birthday, the day my mother died and she took a piece of me with her. I didn't cry, I took the pain and created someone new to replace that person she carried away with her. It was then that I saw her, Spec was everything I needed to run away from the old me.

Tell me where you go when you be dancing in the dark

Tell me where your love goes

Is it falling from the stars

Wish upon every single one in the sky

Till your mine

Im gonna love you naturally

When you feel out of place

With no smile on your face

Everyday

Gonna love you naturally

When you need you need your back rubbed

When you need to make love

When you need them home cooked meals

So tell me where you go when you be dancing in the dark

You be dancing in the dark love

"Dancing in the Dark" by ViaRoseXAngel DavanportXTHEMpeople