Prologue - Bliss

I'll never forget the day Jinyoung asked me out. I'd had a crush on him for over a year, and he actually liked me back! We were inseparable, I loved him so much. Still, everyone always said that high school romances never last. Part of me worried they were right. Was this feeling really so childish? But he never left me and I never stopped loving him. And once we graduated from college, we got married. It was the happiest day of my life. They were wrong, Jinyoung and I were meant to be together. I didn't think I could ever be happier.

That's when I got pregnant. It was a bit unexpected, but never the less amazing. After 9 months and 8 hours of suffering, our first son was born. When I saw his beautiful brown eyes staring at me, it was all worth it. We named him Seokjin. At that point, we weren't rich. But we were still getting by. Jinyoung had a low level job at a business and I worked for an elderly lady who lived in the apartment next to us. I would always bring Seokjin with me. The elderly lady loved talking to him. But she insisted on calling him Jin instead of his full name. It stuck. After seemingly no time at all, I was pregnant again. And our second son, Yoongi, was born. Things were crazier with two boys, but still, I was unimaginably happy. Jinyoung kept climbing his way up the company ranks and soon we moved into a real house. That was when our first pair of twins were born, Namjoon and Hoseok. Jin was only two and we already had three other kids. But that is most certainly not where things slowed down. Jinyoung was becoming busier and busier with work and I got pregnant yet again. Still, we were truly happy. Every one of our children made me overjoyed. And yet again, we had a pair of twins. We named them Jimin and Taeyhung. Even though Jinyoung had a well paying job, with six growing boys I had to get a job. Every moment I spent away from them pained me. Still, when I got pregnant for the seventh time, Jinyoung and I agreed this would be the last one.

Jinyoung often went on business trips to a nearby city. While it was only a three or four hour drive, he still stayed in a hotel because of how long he needed to be there. It made both of us anxious to have him away while the due date for our last child was steadily approaching, but I still insisted he went. His job was important to him, and we would need the money once our last child was born. But all of worries were confirmed when I started having contractions with Jinyoung hours away. I called a cab, loaded all six boys into it, and called Jinyoung. He ran out of the meeting he was in as soon as I called. But the hours at the hospital dragged on and he still wasn't there. Our last child, Jungkook, was born and Jinyoung was not there. I called him again and again but he didn't pick up. That was when, with one phone call, everything I had crumbled. Jinyoung was dead. He died in a car crash while speeding to get here. I was left all alone, with seven boys. Whatever bliss I had felt, was gone.