Chapter 1 - Stay In

Tori hummed to herself as she made lunch. Her older brother, Asgore, was asleep on the couch, which was odd because he didn't sleep much lately. He had been tense ever since a human fell into the underground a few days ago. A few monsters had been killed, but the human was also merciful to some. Tori thought they could be good, but Asgore didn't trust them at all.

He spooked her by walking up behind her and putting his hands on her shoulders. "Boo!" he said. Tori jumped, startled, then turned around looking irritated. "Very funny, brobro," she said. He smiled. "I know. Hey, I, uh, wanted to tell you something." Tori cocked her head and smiled. "Okay, shoot!" she told him. He sighed. "I'm going to fight the human, and I want you to stay indoors."

Toriel was surprised. "B-but, Asgore...!" Her brother shook his head. "That kid is bad news, sis. You're staying in, got it? I don't want you getting hurt. If I beat them, I'll let you take credit for capturing them." Tori smiled and rolled her eyes. "Fine. If you say so." The sound of footsteps outside in the snow caught their attention, and Asgore looked out, his eyes wide with fear. "It's them. I'll be back soon, sis. Whatever you do, do not go outside."

Tori nodded as her brother left. She heard the sound of magic moments later, so she assumed he had teleported. Lazyass can't be bothered to walk... she thought, going to check on her garlic bread in the oven. She took it out with oven mitts, then sat down to eat a small lunch. Maybe I'll make bro some cupcakes for when he gets back, she thought.

Hey! I'm home alone! I can do whatever I want! I can practice guitar, exercise a bit, practice cake decorating... The young goat monster only got more excited with the thoughts of everything she could do by herself without her brother there to constantly be telling her she was going to hurt herself. After quickly polishing off her small lunch, she got up and went into the kitchen to get some muffins and frosting out of the pantry.

After frosting designs onto about two dozen muffins, Asgore still wasn't home. She was starting to get worried when the phone rang. She picked it up. "Hello?" she said. "Tori! Hi!" a female voice said from the other side. Tori brightened up. "Howdy Amara! What can I, the Terrific Toriel, do for you on this fine day?" she asked politely. "N-nothing much, just got lonely and wanted to call someone..." the awkward cat monster said. Tori smiled. "Well, whatcha wanna talk about?"

After a while, she and Amara were chatting about everything from anime to food to crushes. "So, Tori, got anyone on your mind?~" Amara teased. "Nah. I guess I just haven't found my type yet. But I'll find someone, just you wait!" she laughed. "What about you?" "N-no, I don't have anyone in particular on the brain at the moment. But I'm sure there's someone out there that'll be a perfect match! Everyone has a s-soulmate!"

Tori nodded, eating a cupcake. She was 99% sure that her brother's soulmate was the King himself, King Sans, since the two got along quite well and Asgore always got stuttery when she asked about him. Considering his history of crushes had a few boys in it, it was pretty much a well-known fact that the goat monster was bi like his sister, whom had had a crush on Amara for a while before getting over it.

They continued talking on the phone until they decided to FaceTime so Tori could show off her recent progress on the guitar. It actually belonged to her brother, but she loved playing it, and he loved to watch her. She had been trying to learn a song called "Say You Won't Let Go", which was romantic and sweet, so she loved listening to it. When she finished, she flipped her hair a bit and looked at Amara for approval, who responded by smiling brightly and giving a double-thumbs-up.

"That was amazing, Tori!" she said. "You're really improving!" Tori smiled. "Hehe, thanks Amara! Brobro says the same thing!" Suddenly she realized something — it had been two full hours since her older brother had left to fight the human, and he hadn't returned. Her eyes snapped open. "Gotta go Amara!! I'll call you back!!" she said quickly before turning off FaceTime and running out the door.