chapter 1

Poor Regina. She has been all alone all her life. Her true love (Daniel) was killed by her mother. She doesn't have anyone to love her, to support her, and to be there for her. She was being abused & being manipulated from the day she was born till the day she is living now. She only wants to be happy. All she wants is to love and to be loved back. She loves her mother and wants her mother to love her. She loves her son and wants him to love her. But her mother doesn't love her, and her son doesn't love her (her son loved her when he was a little kid, but ever since he got the book that said Regina was the evil queen he doesn't love her anymore & he doesn't care about her mother that has loved & raised him for 10 years). Who in the world can live like that (without having someone to love you, to support you, to be there for you)? I certainly can't live like that. It's so heartbreaking seeing her life's story. What a sad & lonely life Regina has.

Being abused and manipulated:

Everyone has been manipulating Regina from the day she was born till the day she is living now. Her mother manipulated her. Rumpelstiltskin manipulated her. Dr Frankenstein manipulated her. Snow white manipulated her. And her son manipulated her too. Regina was being abused (emotionally) by her mother and by her husband (the king).

Her mother has been abusing Regina (emotionally) since she was a very young girl. Regina once said "I don't want her life, I want a life of my own". But she was not allowed to have a free will to choose her own path. She had to live her life the way her mother wanted to. She had to talk, to walk, to dress, and to do anything the way her mother wanted to. To make Regina a queen, her mother manipulated the situation so that the king wanted to marry Regina. She forced Regina into marrying the king, even though Regina didn't want to marry him. Knowing that Regina had her true love (Daniel), her mother killed him in front of Regina. Then in storybrooke, in order to make Regina lost everything & to make Regina's heart broken, her mother disguised as Regina to kill someone so that everyone thought that it was Regina who killed the man. What kind of a mother is that?Rumpelstiltskin manipulated Regina. Even before Regina was born, he was planning to manipulate Regina so that someday she would cast the dark curse for him. To cast the curse, he needed Regina to be evil. So, he collaborated with Dr. Frankenstein to make young Regina became evil. To make her evil, they made Regina lost all of her hope of resurrecting Daniel.Dr. Frankenstein manipulated Regina. He said to Regina that he could resurrect Daniel. He performed the operation of resurrecting Daniel, then failed to resurrect him. But what Regina didn't know was...he intended to fail (he only pretended to perform the operation). The goal of his action was to make Regina lost all of her hope of resurrecting Daniel (as requested by Rumpelstiltskin). If Regina lost all of her hope, she would become evil as Rumpelstiltskin wanted her to be.Her husband (the king) abused Regina (emotionally). He married Regina just to provide a mother for his daughter, Snow white. He didn't love Regina. He didn't even care about her at all. He always praised his daughter & his dead-first-wife in front of everyone, but never cared about Regina's feeling. Regina once said "no matter how hard I try to please the king, he will never love me the way he loved his first wife. I'm trapped by the memory of the life they used to share". Her husband locked Regina in her bedchamber & he read her diary without her permission. How would a wife (Regina) feel to have a husband like that? I think it felt like hell living in a marriage life like that.Snow white manipulated Regina into killing her own mother, Cora (Cora is Regina's mother). Snow wanted to kill Cora. Cora's heart was located in a box outside her body. To be able to kill Cora, Snow needed to curse Cora's heart then put that heart into Cora's body. After cursing Cora's heart, instead of putting the heart (into Cora's body) by herself, Snow manipulated Regina into doing it. She tricked Regina into thinking that her mother was going to love her if she put Cora's heart back into her body. Snow manipulated Regina's need for love & her desire to be loved by her mother. Snow said to Regina "Your mother can't love you because she doesn't have her heart inside her body. That's why you've never felt she loved you. If you put this heart back into her body, she can love you. Imagine real love". Regina didn't know that putting that heart into Cora's body would cause her mother's death. So...then... Regina put the heart into her mother's body, hoping that this would be the thing that would make her mother finally love her, then... boom! her mother was dead. Holding her mother's dead body in her arm, Regina said this with her heartbroken voice, "Mother, don't leave me, please. What am I gonna do?". Gosh, Snow, what did you do? Manipulated someone into killing her own mother was so cruel. No one (not even Regina) should be treated that way. Having the daughter carry the weight of her mother's death? No one (not even Regina) deserves to have to live with the knowledge that her action unwittingly caused her mother's death.Henry (Regina's son) manipulated Regina. He knows that Regina loves him so much, and he knows that she desperately wants him to love her back. So he manipulated Regina's desire to be loved by him, to make her do what he wanted her to do. One day, he wanted to find keys in Regina's office but Regina was in her office, so he tricked Regina to get out of her office. He called Regina to ask her to meet him at granny's restaurant to have lunch with him. Regina was so happy that her son wanted to have lunch with her, so she went right away to the restaurant, but she couldn't find Henry at the restaurant because he went to Regina's office to find the keys. In another day Henry asked Regina to prove her love to him by saving Emma & Snow from the death magic of a well. So Regina risked her life, sucked up the death magic, to save Emma & Snow (as requested by Henry). Regina was thrown away to the ground because of the death magic, but succeeded in saving Emma & Snow. And what did Regina get from it? Henry left her on the ground without even care whether she was hurt or not (he didn't even ask her "are you ok, mom?"), and he rushed to hug Emma in front of Regina. Then after that, when Emma asked him to have dinner with her, Henry took off with her and he left Regina alone standing behind, heartbroken. In another day, knowing that Regina desperately needed him to love her, Henry asked Regina to destroy magic and not to cast love curse on him. The love curse was written in a scroll. Because of her love to Henry, Regina burned the scroll. After she burned that scroll, Henry rushed to hug Emma, and once again he left Regina alone standing behind, heartbroken. I can't imagine how painful it must have been for Regina to have witnessed her son slipping away from her, getting cold towards her.

Didn't have anyone to love her, to support her, to be there for her:

All characters in "once upon a time TV series" have someone to love them, to be there for them, & to support them, except Regina. Charming & Snow has each other, Emma has her parents & her son, Red has Granny, even Rumpelstiltskin has Belle to love him, to be there for him, & to support him. But Regina? Regina has no one to love her, to be there for her, & to support her. She wants her mother to love her but her mother doesn't love her. She wants her son (Henry) to love her but he doesn't love her. Her son loved her when he was a little kid (it was shown in the photos of little Henry smiled when Regina hug him & in the hand print art written "for mommy"), but ever since he read the book that said Regina was the evil queen, he doesn't love her anymore. Regina has loved & raised Henry for 10 years. She has changed every diaper, soothed every fever, endured every tantrum. Just because a book said Regina was the evil queen, Henry doesn't love her mother anymore? He doesn't even care about her. When Regina was thrown away to the ground because of sucking up the death magic to save Emma & Snow (as requested by Henry), he didn't even care whether she was hurt or not (he didn't even ask her "are you ok mom?"). Rumpelstiltskin once threatened to kill Henry's family. When Rumpelstilkin got hurt by Hook, Henry was worried about him (Henry asked him "are you all right?"). Henry was worried about Rumpelstilkin being hurt, but he didn't care about his mom being hurt (when he saw Regina thrown away to the ground)??? And everytime, after Regina did what Henry asked her to do, he always rushed to Emma and left Regina alone standing behind, heartbroken. Gosh, this kid! Regina's 10 years love has been erased because of a book?

I think it feels like hell for Regina, having a life with no one to love her & to support her, and constantly being abused (emotionally) & being manipulated from the day she was born till the day she is living now. Who could live like that? No wonder she turned to the dark side (became the evil queen). I didn't say that Regina did nothing evil in her life. She did many bad things in her life. And she needs to be responsible for all bad things that she has done. But I understand why she did what she did. I understand why she became who she was. Regina made some bad choices but she has been the victim of manipulation all her life. She has had zero support and has been setup to fall flat on her face every time she tries to stand (everytime she tries to be a better person, everyone was pushing her into a corner and said that she will always be evil). She has suffered a lot all her life and she always all alone in her life. Poor Regina. I really feel for her.

Regina is such a tortured soul. It's so heartbreaking seeing her pain, her loneliness, her desperation, her fear, her devastation. What a sad & lonely life she has.