Stressed writing

(This is a one shot based on something that's probably happened to all of us on wattpad at one point ~ Numbuh7ofSectorV) (d/h means dominant hand, the hand you write with. And f/s means favorite subject.)

*knock, knock knock*

I sigh and look up from my work.

"I'll get it!" I shout up the stairs, hoping my parents heard.

My d/h hand reached for the front door, but when I gripped the handle I retraced my hand and winced loudly in pain. 

"Ow!" Flexing my hand, I wondered why it hurt so badly, I mean it had never happened before.

I opened the front door with my opposite hand, to find my good friend Arnold.

"Oh, Hi Arnold, what's up." I asked, cradling my aching d/h hand.

"I just came so we could work on our f/s project." He smiled, his gaze then moved to my hand.

"Um, is your hand alright?" Arnold asked, genuinely concerned.

"I'm fine, come on in." I moved out of the way of the door, and Arnold walked inside.

We hand set up our project at the kitchen table.  Arnold was reading off things I should know and making a layout of the backboard, while I was writing a rough draft of the report. 

All was well when my Tendons began to cramp in my d/h hand. And I'll tell you it hurt like stubbing your small toe on an end table. Out of pain I winced and dropped the pen, clutching my hand close to my chest. Arnold stood up and looked over at me worriedly.

"y/n, are you okay." He asked.

I winced again. "Yeah, I think I just stressed my hand."

"You should take a break, here let's switch. I've already finished the layout, so all you have to do is read."

After a while, we decided to take a break, I thought my hand was fine because the pain had gone away, so I began to draw. I was fine until the sharp pain returned, only worse. Then all at once the pain was gone, replaced with numbness.

I was scared, and my parents had left a little while after Arnold came over, so I couldn't ask my mom or dad about my hand. I walked back into the kitchen, holding my hand once again.

Arnold looked at me, expecting me to say something. 

"Arnold, I think there's something wrong with my hand."

"Well, what happened to it?" Arnold asked, trying to figure out what was wrong.

"Okay, um you came over and knocked on the door, and when I grabbed for the handle it became sore." I explained.

Arnold had a thinking expression on his face. "What were you doing before you answered the door?"

"I was doing our spelling homework, why?" I asked, slightly confused.

He stood from his seat. "It sounds like you sprained a tendon, don't worry, it's not too serious."

Arnold walked over to me. "Could I see it?"

I held out my d/h hand, he took it in his own, causing my face to turn red.

"Okay, can you move your fingers?" I tried, but failed.

He hummed in thought. "Do you have a first aid kit?"

"Yeah, why?" I responded.

"Because I'm going to have to wrap your hand until it heals. It should be fine in a few days."

I told him the first aid kit was under the kitchen sink, he had me sit on the counter while he looked for it, and told me I should keep pressure on my hand.

I swung my feet, waiting on Arnold. He finally found it and began to wrap my hand in a bandage. I avoided looking directly at Arnold, as my face was still burning from the contact. He smirked when he looked up and saw the apparent blush on my face. Arnold chuckled and finished wrapping my hand.

"W-what are you l-laughing at?" I cursed myself for stuttering.

"Nothing, it's just you're cute when you're embarrassed." He replied, still smirking.

My face grew hotter and I glared at Arnold. It was obvious that I was still blushing, heck I could've rivaled an apple.

Arnold took my uninjured hand and helped me off of the counter. He then placed his hand on my shoulder, leaned over and kissed my face. I was frozen in place out of shock. Arnold laughed at my reaction and said. "One of these days your face is going to stay that red."