Chapter 5

Dinner was the worst part of the day for Evie. This was the time her mother scrutinized her for every little thing she did. If Evie wasn't sitting up straight enough, eating slow enough, or chewing quite enough her mother would scream at her. Usually the evening ended with her mother threatening to beat the living daylight out of her and that she would never find love.

When Evie was younger, she would cry herself to sleep. She never understood why her mother was so mean to her, yet the mothers in her fairytale stories were so kind to their daughters. As Evie grew older, she became more numb to her mother's nagging. She just tried to make it through one day at a time. She would spend most of her time in her room playing dress up and dancing with her imaginary prince.

"Evie." He mother snapped "Stop daydreaming and look at me."

"It won't happen again, Mother." Evie said robotically as her mother nodded approvingly.

"That letter you retrieved for me today was very interesting. I haven't talked to Hook in forever and he made me a very peculiar offer."

"Really? What was it?" Evie said as she tilted her head to the side.

"He talked about combining our two family lines together, as one giant evil family, that ruled over all of the Isle."

"I don't understand. How is that possible?"

"Foolish girl! He means by marriage. Your marriage to be precise. He wants you to marry his son and be queen of the Isle."

"What?" Evie said shocked, her mouth dropped and her eyes went wide.

"I have sent my crow to deliver the message this time."

"Well obviously you said no right? He's not a prince." Evie said, still baffled.

"Don't ever assume what I'm going to say, insignificant child. As a matter of fact, I said yes. In six months time you will be married to the young Hook boy and pregnant with your first child. He is a prince on his side of the Isle, and your a princess of ours. Together you will rule the whole Isle. My decision on this is final. Don't you dare try and question me. If I ever hear you talk to me in that manner again, it will be the last thing you do. Go to your room now!

Evie starred at her mother in disbelief. She could feel tears stinging her eyes, as her future was laid out in front of her.

"I said now!"

Evie got up from the table fast, excusing herself quickly. She raced to her room and slammed the door shut. She jumped on her bed and crawled under a blanket, finally letting the tears escape.

How could her mother allow her to marry a filthy pirate?

This morning when Evie got up she thought the worst thing that was going to happen to her was her mother criticizing her outfit choice, but instead she was now betrothed to Harry Hook and expected to pregnant within six months.

Evie must have cried herself to sleep, for she woke up in the middle of the night. She couldn't stay in this castle anymore. She quickly got dressed and did her makeup. She quietly snuck out her room, and tiptoed down the many flights of stairs. She slipped out the servants door and climbed over the tall fence that separated her castle from the rest of then village.

When Evie was younger she used to sneak out to catch a glimpse of Auradon by the water. There was a small lookout spot she had discovered when she was younger. It was a cliff side lookout of the water and in the distance you could see the beautiful lights in Auradon. Evie would sneak there and imagine a different life. This was the place she did all her thinking, and was glad to have a tiny part of the Isle that was all hers.

Without even thinking, her feet took her to her happy place. Her mind was whirling around and she couldn't think properly. As Evie walked up to the guard rail, she noticed a figure standing there. Of all the times she'd been to this spot, she'd never seen a person here.

"Hello?" Evie said hesitantly.

The figure turned around, revealing them self. They turned out to be the one person Evie did not want to see: Harry Hook.