Chapter 3

@ZenMouse
Dedicated to zenmouse do check out his book 'I'm not Alone'

Author's Note: Same same. Read, vote and comment. Bear with this chapter please.
Love,
Sam.

#NOT EDITED

She locked her office door and sighed when the thought hit her that she had just walked into her new office like she'd been there before. Apprehension took hold of her. Had she blown her cover in the first ten minutes in her place of work? She opened the door and looked up ' CHIEF'S OFFICE ' she sighed. That would be her defense later on. After the embarrassing display in the hall this morning,she knew without a doubt it'd take a lot to redeem herself and take hold of department. Curse on her time travelling ability's horrible timing.

     Thinking back to the entire episode, more than a lot was wrong. Since she turned 15 and discovered her ability to visit the past, strange couldn't begin to define today's experience. For one, she had never been drawn into the past with as much speed and strength as such and for that man in the past to have not just seen her but even grabbed her, her head was spinning with theories. That had never happened before. She had always been a spectator. An uninvited ' guest ' in those trips to the past. Unseen and virtually inexistent. Even at the moment, she could feel the past calling. What would her subordinates think of her. ' The fainting Chief ' she could hear them whisper. Being the new chief and female was hard enough add fainting in the first five minutes of her first day and she knew she was finished. She needed a serious strategy to gain her grounds again.
      The blue eyed dude. Thoughts of him flooded her mind. She must have looked like the idiot pervet who couldn't get her eyes off the good looking chap. How did he look so disturbingly like a young version of that old man in that morning's trip. He could be a great grand relative probably. Another disturbing thing about him was that he had repeated her thoughts and pointed out her inner reference to herself in third person. Was she going crazy? Had she spoken out loud? Impossible! He couldn't have read her mind could he? Terror froze every nerve in her body. Had he seen through her pretense? Could he tell why she was really here? Was her cover blown?

      Something dropped in her left eye and she felt it a burning sensation. Running through her purse she picked out the compact powder. In it's tiny mirror she  saw that her forehead was soaked. Sweat. Ms. Stone was sweating. Proof that she was nervous and uneasy. Never! She would not let this get to her and ruin her careful schemes hatched over years of excessive training and struggles. Never! She would locate the threat and make sure it disappeared. Using any means necessary. She vowed.

      Fifteen minutes later and she was walking to the hall. With every step the pull from the past got stronger. All eyes were on her. Waiting for the new chief to address them. She used all strength in her to fight the pull. The closer she got to the temporary podium set for her,  the stronger the pull. Immediately she dropped one foot on the maple leaf design, she gasped as she saw those electric blue eyes of the older man glaring into her own pale eyes. And as suddenly as he appeared, he vanished and she was staring into another pair of eyes. Emerald green eyes bored into hers.
        " Twice in one morning huh?"  She heard a familiar voice whisper. Forcing her gaze away from the third pair of captivating eyes she'd noticed this morning, she turned around to see the blue eyed dude from earlier hiding a smile quite unsuccessfully, behind his palm. She glared hard at him. Only realizing for the first time that emerald eyes had his arms around her probably from breaking her fall. Her cheeks burned red. Embarrassed, she cleared her throat, pulled away from his arms and made a show of straightening down the rumples in her clothes.
'Are you okay sir?' He asked. Concern lacing his tone.