Two

The days move quickly. Nothing happening in between them. Guards come into my room every now and then to check my monitors, always making me move to the back corner with my back against the wall, and a man comes in a few times to explain and show to me what's happened within the arena. I always wear the metal handcuffs around my wrists, which are secure around a chain that's hooked into a bolt in the middle of the room. 

The room is empty except for a bed and a toilet in the corner, with a half sink for me to clean my hands. It's dark, a mirror on the wall facing the entire room, and I constantly see the blinking red light on the ceiling that I assume to be a camera, tracking my every move. I wear an old white t-shirt and brown pants, no shoes and no socks. But I don't really need them I guess.

I realize it has been three days since the Hovercraft picked me up, and I haven't been out of this god awful room since they dropped me off. I haven't seen Johanna either, which worries me in a way.

I'm moved from my thoughts as the familiar knock sounds on the door, indicating me to move to the corner. I slide down, sighing in frustration. The door opens slowly and a Peacekeeper enters, followed by a familiar face. 

Her long, maroon hair drapes past her waist, a dozen yellow flowers hidden in it. She wears a short purple dress and a pair of painful looking high heels. I see the flower tattoos all over her face and the extended eyelashes under the heavy amount of blush on her face.

"Portia?" I say, my voice barely more than a whisper. A giant grin forms on her lips as she moves towards me, pulling my body up into a tight hug.

"Oh Peeta! I missed you! I thought I'd never see you again!" She starts to cry into my chest. Portia stands just below my shoulders, making it easy to hug her small body.

"I missed you too Portia. What are you doing here? Where are Minius and Killete?" I ask, looking down at her.

"They're waiting for us upstairs."

I raise an eyebrow at her. "Upstairs? Why are they waiting for us?" She smiles, looking back at the Peacekeeper, who looks out the door, signaling for his crew to come inside. One of them moves towards me, unshackling my chain from the floor and reaching it between my cuffs. Another reaches for my wrists, telling me to hold them out. I do as he says and he slips them off, grabbing my upper arm while one of his buddies grabs my other.

The Peacekeepers tie a blindfold over my eyes and begin to lead me forward. 

"What' happening...?' I think. The Peacekeepers pull me up a few flights of stairs and I hear a door open in front of me. They push me forward, closing the door behind them. One of them lifts the blindfold from my eyes to reveal a whitish room, and I see Minius and Killete smile as they shuffle towards me. Minius' looks just as he did before, bright yellow hair and a ridiculous green shirt and pants to match, Killete looks a bit different. She has dyed her hair dark blue, almost violet. She isn't like the others in my prep team, not flamboyant or flashy, but she does enough to look like a Capitol resident.

"Peeta! How are you!" They say, both embracing me in hugs. I nod my head and answer their quetions, not asking about what's going to happen to me now.

As if they've read my mind, Minius starts to explain, sitting me down on the hard matress.

"You have an interview with Mr. Caeser Flickerman tonight, so we're here to pretty you up again!" I look at him confused. Caeser Flickerman? Why in the world do I have an interview with him? I jump when I hear the door burst open behind me. 

"President Snow.." Killete mirrors my thoughts. He moves effortlessly through the room towards me.

"President Snow." I gape, not knowing what to say. He sneers down at me and I can smell the blood on his breath.