There are things you need to know...💕

Kayleigh

A couple of nights ago all my friends went on dates with the boys and I went to the trampoline park with Brook. A few things happened that day and caused some awkwardness but I dealt with the awkwardness and didn't mind it. Ellie figured out something was wrong and asked me so I told her, she's made my head hurt. 

***

Flashback

I have like ten thousands thoughts running, spiralling through my head and I don't know what thought is important anymore. I made my way to the bed thinking about what Ellie had said. I walked into the room and slowly slid into the bed next to Brook, looking at him trying to work out my feelings if there were any. He looks peaceful. Even after tension he still had that unique smile of his on his face.

I pulled the covers over me and thought to myself...'He needs to know my past, he needs to know everything about me, even some things my friends don't even know.'

I like him...I could tell as soon as I walked into the room and saw him smiling still. 

***

I was pacing around the flat. I had all these things going around my head that I wanted to say to Brook but I just didn't know how to. I thought that I could tell him by going to this forest, well it's kind of like a forest but it has ponds and lakes and obstacle courses. I thought it'd be a good idea to go there as it'd be peaceful and a good place to pour my heart out to my best friend.

He luckily agreed to this. So I went and got out of my pj's (meaning shorts, baggy shirt and Brook's jumper) and got into something a bit less rushed or something a bit more presentable I guess. I rushed into the bathroom and had a quick shower, before jumping out and drying my hair then getting changed making sure not to put on any make-up cause I couldn't be bothered as I knew that what I was telling Brook would make me cry again like usual.

I got changed into a cropped jumper with a plaid skirt and some black old skool vans.

I then made my way out of the bathroom to see Brook stood in the living room waiting patiently for me, I made my way over to him and told the rest of the boys not to worry about us and we don't know when we will be back so yeah

And then on that note we headed off to the forest place. It was quite far away but it gave me time to speak to Brooklyn and say sorry for all the awkwardness last night. It also gave me time to clear my head a little so I knew exactly what I wanted to tell him and how.

As we slowly approached the forest I couldn't help but be blown away by how amazing it looked. The trees were towering over both of us almost like we were ants in a field of flowers. The smell of the beautiful fresh air, it was crisp and different to anything I'd ever known before. The sights were so unbelievable, evergreen trees were everywhere you turned, a few trees weren't so evergreen and had lost some leaves due to the changing of the seasons, the ground had brown, orange, red, crunchy leaves on it. Almost like a blanket covering the ground. It felt all so surreal. 

I looked over my shoulder to Brooklyn who seemed to be admiring the view also, I waved at him to gain his attention and then we continued on into the forest until we found a bench in front of a lake. We stopped there and that was when I began to speak. 

"Brooklyn I asked if you'd come here with me today because I have some secrets that I don't really want to be secret from you anymore.." He nodded and said " You don't need to tell me if you're not ready" I smiled before taking a deep breath in and saying, " I know but I want to...Brooklyn there are things that have happened in my past, there is a reason why I moved not cause I wanted to...but I had to. Some of the things...I am going to tell you are hard for me to say, and some people know some of the things I am going to tell you but there are other things they don't know. So don't tell anyone please" He smiled and pushed hair behind my ear, " I promise I won't"

"I had to move here with my sister because m-m-my parents were getting d-divorced...That's why I haven't seen them for l-l-like 3 years now." I took a deep breath in "It's okay" He said...

"Something most people don't know is that I have been bullied in my past...people don't know this because I try to act strong. But I wasn't" I rolled up my sleeves and slowly extended my arm out to him. "Getting bullied caused me to do this. These scars are from me being stupid and self harming, I told myself I'd never do that, but I did. I never wanted to but it all got to much for me." I took a deep breath in again and felt tears slowly fall down my face. "I am sometimes such a pain because I feel like I am a waste of time, I feel like that's why my parent's made us leave. I often have flashbacks to me being bullied and things like that and it makes me feel useless..." I lifted my hand up to wipe the tears away but Brook beat me too it, I smiled "I know I should've told you sooner but I didn't want to worry anyone" 

~~~~

A/N 

DON'T SKIP...

ANYTHING I SAID IN THIS CHAPTER IS JUST USED FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE BOOK, IT IS NOT TRUE AND I DO NOT THINK SELF HARMING IS GOOD, BUT IT IS GOING TO END UP PLAYING A BIG PART IN MY BOOK PROBABLY. PLEASE DON'T THINK I HAVE DONE WRONG BY USING IT AS MY PLOT. PLEASE JUST ENJOY AND HOPEFULLY THIS BOOK WILL SHOW YOU THAT IT ISN'T THE RIGHT WAY TO GO AND THAT THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE WHO LOVES YOU.