New Girl

The halls of Westerberg Penitentiary were cold and dark, unlike the hot summer heat that burned outside the large concrete building. It seemed almost silent before Dr. Heather McNamara made her way down the halls, the sound of her high heels clicking as she walked breaking the somber quiet. It seemed she had caused quite a stir, because as soon as the inmates had laid eyes on her, a ruckus started. That's how it always was when a woman like her walked in, with her golden blonde curls, bright eyes, large breasts and curves that rivaled a racetrack. She was sexy, and it didn't take long for prisoners to take notice.

"Damn baby, nice rack!"

"Smile for us, sweetie!"

"Swing those hips a lil' more"

She ignored the vulgar comments about her body and made her way to her new office, ready to set up shop and adjust to her new job. At the age of 22, she was relatively new to the psychiatrist field. She had recently completed medical school. The prison was her first job, and she was optimistic for the most part. She sighed and sat at her desk, arranging her pens, pictures and other various trinkets she would need.

She sighed and decided to decorate the office a little more while she waited for someone to actually give her some instruction on what she would be doing today.

As she set up a painting she had made on the wall, she heard a knock at the door. She turned her head.

"Come in." She said absentmindedly.

A young woman in a guard's uniform walked in. She had dark hair tied in a ponytail with a green scrunchie. She looked no older than 24, and held a very tough but still approachable demeanor.

"I'm Sergeant Heather Duke, the warden here, but you can just call me Duke." She said, holding a manila file folder in her hand, flipping through it quickly before setting it on Dr. McNamara's desk.

"Read through this file, Dr. Mac. You're this fella's personal psychiatrist until he gets his shit together." She said, crossing her arms.

The blonde turned to look at the sergeant.

"Oh, thank you Duke..."

She picked up the file and flipped through it.

"His name is Jason Dean, you might've seen him on the news. He's 23 years old, and he's a psychopath. He's confessed to 5 murders, but we suspect that number may got up to 20. He's a tough case, but we've read your record. We think you can handle it." Duke explained, giving Mac a reassuring smile. "You'll be meeting him after lunch. I'll escort him to your office, and don't you worry, he'll be cuffed."

Heather nodded, intimidated by this entire case. A serial killer? She wasn't sure she could handle someone like that. She sighed and read a little closer through the file.

"Victims were either poisoned with drain cleaner, shot or had their wrists slit...an attempt to make the deaths look like suicides."

"Yep." Duke nodded. "That's why we suspect he's done a lot more than 5. Many of the suicides in the town are now being suspected as his work"

"Man, that's some heavy stuff Duke..." The doctor said. "Is there a motive?"

"That's for you to find out. However, he's a tough egg to crack. It's hard to figure out the real Jason under that tough exterior, from what I can understand." The brunette shrugged. "However, your reputation at your resident hospital precedes you, Mac. You've got charisma, something our last therapist didn't. You're young, and pretty. I think it might be easier to get into his head if you charm him a little"

"Charm a psychopath? That's relatively difficult, considering how a psychopath's mind words." Mac commented. "Don't take people like him lightly, Sergeant."