Chapter 1

Lylith (Lily) POV

I'm different.

I'm special.

That's what my family tells me every day. I used to be skeptical, but one day, I found out the truth about myself: my natural elements are darkness and the heavens. I'm born into a magic using family, so I was expected to be born with the use of magic, but not with this concoction. Every magic user develops one to two natural elements of magic, like fire, water, earth, and so on and so forth. But once every century, there will be one special person who will be gifted with the ability to use the elements of the darkness and the heavens, which is an unusual combination. When this unique man/woman would arrive, it meant that something terrible would happen.

I lived in the south of the Land of Pentatonia, in the Altocore Kingdom. They never accepted us magic users, and if you were caught, you either tortured or put to death. They've only ever spared someone from these consequences twice: one of them was an old man who was of royal lineage, but later died, and the other was me. This was only because my grandparents were favoured by the queen of Altorcore. She was deathly ill, and my grandparents were the ones who saved her.

My grandparents were both magic users. My grandmother, Ursula Irene Willowsmith, was a sorceress, and my grandfather, Gustavo Boralis Willowstream, was a warlock. The day I found out what my strengths in magic were, I sent notes to them. They helped me learn, they were my teachers. They kept my secret, even from my parents, and showed me how to use and control my magic abilities. Two years after they passed away, the notes that I thought I destroyed, were found by some royal guards.

I was taken into the palace for trial. When the king and queen found out that I was the grandchild of the queen's saviours, they spared me but gave me a choice: move to the Dragon Kingdom, where magic could be used freely as long it was used for good, such as self defense and/or healing/supporting the people of the kingdom, and inherit the land of her grandparents, or to join their army. I chose to inherit the land. So I packed my things, and moved up north to the Dragon Kingdom with my family. I told them about me before we moved, and they surprisingly we fine with it.

So that's where I am right now.  The land - a nice cabin in the woods - is where I live now. I wanted to live there by myself, while my parents and my 17 year old brother lives in a house not far from mine. I love this place; I can continue practicing my magic and even started doing some healing magic and became an apothecary.

Thing is, though, I'm so lonely. Yes, I have my family and my friend Lady Kirstin Taylor Maldonado of the Sopranica Kingdom, who is a soothsayer, but I'm still waiting for that special someone. I'm praying that I will find him soon.

A/N  Another one! Yes, I know, but don't give me all the credit! Give it to BlueJade3, for this whole thing was her idea. Also, shout out to NerdSwotGeek for making the cover for this book! Shot guys. This is basically just like a background story, explaining where Lylith came from, but yeah, the main story will come in in the next chapter. Hope y'all enjoyed this.

LATER BROS! *brofist*