five

*Two Weeks Later*

"I can't wait to see my child after so long!" My mom said on our FaceTime call. I smiled as I placed my suitcase by the door.  We just got on spring break since everyone finished taking their semester 1 tests, we all had a two week break from school which was needed.

   "I can't wait either Mom. My other car still in the garage at the house right?" I asked. She nodded. I was spoiled all my life even when I did most of the hard work to earn things for myself, my parents still spoiled me. So when I left for college, my college gift was another car.

   "Now I'm going to cook your favorite meals and everything!" She said happily.

   "Mom you are so extra! How is papa?" I asked while putting away my laptop in my backpack

   "Mom you are so extra! How is papa?" I asked while putting away my laptop in my backpack. "He is out with his golf friends golfing. That man never puts the damn golf stick down." She answers rolling her eyes. I laugh. I look at the time. 10:03 .

   "Mom I gotta go so I can catch my flight okay? I love you, see you soon." I say blowing her a kiss.

   "I love you more baby and alright I'll send your father to pick you up." We hung up and I left out to my Uber to head to the airport.

~~~

    "This is your flight attendant speaking, in about five minutes we are due for takeoff. Please make sure all your items and belongings are put away and not in the middle of the walk way. Snacks will be serve immediately once in the air, wifi connection passwords are located in the tv settings bar."

    I take out my laptop and placed it on the little stand and connected it to the wifi. I loved sitting near the window so whenever I got my first class flights I sat next to the window.

    "So you thought that you could just go to Houston and act like you wasn't gonna see me?" A familiar voice asked. I looked up to see Terrell sit down next to me.

    "Omg!" I say giving him a hug. "I didn't know you were going to Houston. Wait this is your seat?"

    "If you communicated with a nigga, you'd learn these things." He laughed. "Yeah this my seat."

     "Whatever," I say rolling my eyes. "I see you made out alive from hell." He looked at me confused then rolled his eyes in realization.

   "Young, had to hear her mouth all night. 'oh so you except rides from bitches, then allow them to buy you food my food ain't good enough?' like nigga what?" He acted Taylor out in a high pitched voice."Then today almost missed the goddamn flight because she ain't want me to go and some other bull shit."

    I laughed. "Your girl friend." I start working on this law firm application for a firm in Washington D.C.

   Terrell looked over and was all nosy about it to a point where I stopped typing, looked at him and asked "Would you like to know what I'm doing?"