Chapter 8: Chapter 8: promise broken and then finally keeping that promise.

Chapter 8: promise broken and then finally keeping that promise.

Chelbell2016:

Tear filled eyes as I write this chapter. Hope you enjoyed.

Katelyn's POV:

We find Henry and Gregg near the Ferris wheel. I am so worried right now as we both go running over to the two men.

"Jill, Katelyn!!" Gregg says when he spots us.

"Strasser was here!!" Jill tells the two men. "Joe just killed him!"

"We've got to get out of here now!!" I yell knowing we do not have much time we need to act fast. There is no time to waste.

We look around and see some officers heading towards us with guns. They are obviously after Joe.

"It's too late!!" Gregg says.

"No!!" Jill says. "We gotta stop them!! Come on!!"

We run over and try to get them to lower there guns. I will not let them hurt Joe.

"DON'T SHOOT!!" I yell at the commanding officer as I step in the way of his gun. "He's not dangerous!! Don't shoot him!!"

"GET OUT OF HERE!!" The commanding officer yells at me.

I hear a smash behind me and I turn to see Joe climbing onto the walking platform around the Ferris wheel.

"JOE!!" I yell and Jill turns to see what I am yelling about.

Joe turns and looks at us. But then he turns and for some reason he begins to climb the Ferris wheel.

"JOE!!" Jill and I yell again and then I turn to my sister. "What is he doing?"

She shakes her head but then the officer from before walks to stand besides us and gives his orders. "Fire on command!!"

As Joe puts his foot on the Ferris wheel and begins to climb I worry about whether that thing will hold his weight. I cannot loose Joe anymore then I could loose Jill.

"READY!!" The officer tells his team.

"Officer!!" A woman says and I turn to look at her. "I can't find my son. And I never saw him get off the Ferris wheel."

I squint my eyes as I glance at all the different compartments on the Ferris wheel. Then I freeze as I notice something.

"LOOK!!" I yell and everyone else looks up as well.

"OH MY GOD!!" The mother says as she sees her young son trapped on the Ferris wheel still. "JASON!!"

We can hear the boy yelling for his mum.

Joe begins to climb the Ferris wheel. He dodges all the flames and moves as sparks come at him. But it is at that moment that I realise what he is trying to do.

"He's trying to save him!!" I tell the officers holding my hand up. "Don't shoot!!"

Jason's mum turns to look at the leading officer who takes a second before coming to a decision. "Hold your fire!!"

I lower my arm and Henry steps to my side as we watch Joe climb up. Jill and Gregg are also on the other side of me. I feel my heart begin to beat really fast.

"Come on Joe!!" I whisper and I feel Henry place a hand on my shoulder.

There is a burst of flames and Joe slips. I cover my mouth with my hand and look up as Joe stops for a second.

"Joe come on!! Please!!" I say hoping he does not fall.

"He's gonna be okay!!" Jill says.

I try to control my fear as Joe goes on.