Ch. 14: Light up The Sky.

I couldn’t argue with him, the gun was faster than mine and I wouldn’t have the time to dodge his explosive rounds and shoot my own. I looked at Desmond and sighed, I stepped away from him and he grabbed my hand again, “You don’t have to.” He whispered, I only gave him a sad look and walked to my father. Dr. Williams put his hand on my back and patted it.

“I didn’t want to have to, but you know how dangerous Fleshies can get…” Dr. Williams said as we walked to his van. Dexter got into the driver’s seat and Dr. Williams directed me to the back of the van where he opened the doors and put me in, I sat down and watched him close the doors, encasing me in darkness.

...

“You’ve been quiet; you have something on your mind.” Dr. Williams told me as he wrapped my arm up. I still didn’t say anything, I had nothing to say. He was right, without someone giving me constant orders I’d lose my discipline, I knew I would. Just by being without orders for a day I managed to lose my memory and almost die. “I know it’s a lot to take in, but we can make this work. I’ll take Fridays off of your work and we’ll be a family, like it was meant to be.” He said. I stared at him and he moved to the sink to wash off his hands and put on another pair of latex gloves, he looked at me and sighed, “Mimra…what’s wrong? Is it that boy, what was his name…I don’t think I got it…”

“Desmond.” I mumbled.

“What was that?”

“Desmond, his name was Desmond, Dr. Williams.”

Dr. Williams stepped towards me and put a hand on my knee, “You don’t need to call me Dr. Williams, you can call me dad.” He said.

“Yes, Dr. Williams. I’ll remember that.” I nodded and hopped off his desk.

Dr. Williams stood there, not knowing what to do. I didn’t know what to do either. I had this feeling in the pit of my stomach; I couldn’t help but think it was confliction. I walked down the hall and sure enough, there was Anna. “I heard about what happened.” She told me. I stared at her and she nodded, “You shouldn’t try running away, we would miss you.” She said.

I nodded, “Anna, what would you say if I was actually human?” I asked.

She looked a bit surprised by my question, “Well, I don’t know. I would probably report you to Dr. Williams and tell him to deactivate you. Humans are dangerous; I’d know I’m with them all the time.”

I nodded again, “Thanks Anna, you’ve been great.” I said as I took my gun out and shot her between the eyes. She head snapped back, she fell to the ground and her blood tainted the white floors. I turned and looked at the door to Dr. Williams’s office, I took the floor lamp and snapped the top of it off and shoved it between the handles so he couldn’t get out. I could already hear him pounding on it.

“Mimra, what the hell was that? Mimra what are you doing? Mimra?” he called out to me. I didn’t answer, I just made my way down the halls and shot at every face I saw, I didn’t care who it was I just shot them all. I didn’t know what was happening but it made me feel a whole lot better.

I stood in the hall as more and more garrisons were called in to incapacitate me, I mowed them down. Bodies filled the hall and finally the Shadow Garrison arrived. Dexter, of course, was leading them. His smirk made me want to pull the trigger again; he stepped in blood and tracked it over to me as he got closer, “Now Mimra, you’ve been at this for an hour.” He told me. I allowed him to step a little closer. “I find it odd how you still have ammo, but I’m going to guess you’re salvaging. Mimra you can’t just kill everyone in Dragon Alley, it’s rude.” He told me.