the angel.

two days passed, there was no sign of Ayla. i went to work and i would come home and millie told me on that day how hopper brought her a pretty navy blue dress to match the winter weather coming soon. millie always said winter was her favorite season, it was just a beautiful few months and she loved to bundle up. not only was the season beautiful, but she was too.

construction was going to start a few days from then so the three of them packed up their stuff and officially moved into millie's home. days after they moved in, jack and millie had become almost best friends since they spent most of the days together as joe, sadie, and i had jobs. jack had also gotten to know hopper as well, i was happy for jack, he hadn't gotten to spend real quality time with others in a while, although i deeply wanted to.
when jack's fourteenth birthday came around in december, Ayla came to visit. It was obviously awkward until she took me aside and claimed,"i missed you, finn, it's been months, you know that. i miss you being my brother and in this time i realized that i only love you as a brother and you're still in love with millie."
i was finally reassured,"i missed you too, Ayla."
she gave me a great big hug and we walked back into the kitchen where cake was being served. all of us were there. Joe, Sadie, Hopper, Millie, Ayla, Jack, and myself. Life has seemed to move so fast, it seemed like such a short while ago, we were poor, hungry, and lonely. an angel changed my life, for the absolute better. she was broken, i was broken, we fixed each other.