not really an update but a small rant

so you know when your just scrolling through some wattpad books, trying to find something either good, or bad enough to be good, and then you read their shitty blurbs and its always something like.

enter bad boy ryder Alec elizabeth smithywerbanmanjenson Cole.

and u just fuckin stop because who thinks enter??? is??? a??? good??? word???? to??? use????

like what. dude. thats not how you introduce a character. like you dont introduce your new friend to others like "enter Elizabeth everyone!" thats not how anyone introduces others

so why the heck would you put it on wattpad and expect it to be normal? it sounds like a terrible vague sex metaphor, foreshadowing how hes gonna screw her on the table in chapter 3 (or chapter 73. wattpad books always either drag out the friend part or get to the dating part too quickly. theres no in between)

I know youre trying to spice it up with the word choices. show your readership that you know how to have variation!!! you can be like others and use that word even though its in the completely wrong context!!!

and honestly it just takes me back to the blank paper at the beginning of this book. that emptiness. we're all fuckin sheep ad we all follow the patterns that make us famous. it worked for them, why shouldn't it work for us? and the terrible part of that is that we do it without realizing.

algorithms for success are so engraved in our brains that we have to do it too. that we copy others without realizing, even if its so little as using the word "enter" in a blurb because we've seen other more influential people in this community do it and we've perceived it as normal. as right.

this goes for a whole other list of clichés in the wattpad community too. we overdo the bad boy - good girl gimmick because others have done it and its successful. we pander to the female preteen demographic because theyre easy to pander to. they've grown up watching and reading shitty things like twilight, and so they'll continue feeding off these and making their own.

theyre never going to realize that what theyre doing is bad storytelling, or word choice, because they've lived their whole lives thinking it was good and any variation from this algorithm is foreign to them.

I dont even know how I got to this point from seeing the word enter in a blurb, but it just reminds me of how much one misuse of word that you see over and over again can be representative of a whole pandoras box of other problems in the wattpad community. its just these weird things I get riled up about lol

 its just these weird things I get riled up about lol

here's the blurb I got angry at. like its nothing out of the ordinary just Mary sue and generic bad boy dont get along but they end up sucking off each others faces in the end

also an update I probably won't be doing the usual format any longer because I dont know shit about werewolf books. probably just rants here and there. also no offence to the author who wrote that but by all means take offence.

also a shoutout to my good good friend EchoSagal who shouted out my book, and if youre somehow a reader of this book and you dont know who she is, go check her out because she know way more than me about just about anything. thanks to all the new readers who leave comments.

sorry if this is confusing and unfunny but :/. just something I wanted to write about . if u want to suggest a topic for me to talk about u can in the comments