Chapter 5

"No you are not. There is no way you are moving in with me!" I stared right back at him, trying to make my voice sounds stern.

"But it's obvious that you can't protect yourself! You're too naive, can't you see that?!"

"I'm not worthless, I can handle it myself. Maybe I'll take more training and self-defense classes. We are both new at this, Jungkook. We should've never even been given this case."

"You know, maybe you should give up your cocky attitude sometimes. We work as a team, not as an individual. Even with self-defense you alone can't be handling a serial killer that's on the hunt for you!" Jungkook looked at me in disappointment.

And he was right. I was too carried away with impressing others that I forgot what I actually could do. My skills were never on par with Jungkook.. he was always the better one. Both strategically and physically, more suitable for an officer than I was.

"Sorry.. I was a little harsh. But I just wanted to protect you. We were there, together, since the start, and I wouldn't want to lose you to anything." He exhaled. "Let's go to work now. I think team leader wants to talk to you." He looks worried.

I was expecting it. Recently, my performance hasn't been well. Running into Yoongi twice and not being able to arrest him.. how can I even call myself an officer.

I walked into my team leader's office and gave a slight knock on the door. "Come in."

I sat down on the chair right across from his table, which was splattered with cases and documents. One of them was the document of Yoongi, something we have been working on for months.

"I think you should know the reason why I called you up here." He stood up and slowly walked around the room. "Why haven't you been able to capture Min Yoongi? I thought I gave you enough time.. assistance.. patience."

I felt his glares behind my back. "He's tough to catch, sir. Too fast during the night, almost invisible during daytime. None of the CCTV were able to capture his movements in the street." I replied, trying to hold my posture. I know that if I was to told him about my encounter with Min Yoongi this morning, I would be fired.

"I heard you were kidnapped by him, though. What was that about?"

"It was late at night, sir, after an intense chase for him. I thought the area was clear, so I proceeded to walk home but was pulled into a corner. He threatened me, so I had to do what he ordered."

Team leader punched his hands at the wall, shaking the window blinds. "Threatened?? You are a cop. You had a gun. You had training. You should know what to do during those kinds of situation."

I didn't know how to answer.

He sank into his chair, showing his back at me. "One month." He said. "One month and this case needs to be finished, with Min Yoongi going to jail! There will be no extensions, and if you're unable to complete the task, you will be fired."

"But—" I tried to talk.

"No excuses. I thought you were well equipped for this, but I guess you aren't equipped to be an officer altogether." He sighed. "You are dismissed."

I hesitantly walked out of the room. Jungkook was waiting by the door outside, so I just collapsed onto the floor by him, tears streaming down my face.

"Hey.. everything is going to be alright. You got me!" He struggles to try and comfort me. "A-and Min Yoongi is coming after you, so we will just come up with a plan and trick him under our sleeves—"

"It's no use. I'm worthless." I buried my face into my palms. "I might as well resign before that jerk could kick me out of this place. "Do I even belong here? Should I even be an officer?"

"Hey. Don't say that!" Jungkook puts his arms around me and pulled me close. "You know, when I was accepted to be an officer, you were barely working here for a week. Yet you were the only one who gave me company. Warmth. Assurance. Strength." He turned his face to smile at me. "You're an inspiration to me, honestly. Knowing your weakness, admitting them and trying to find ways to fix them. Not many people have that. You're unstoppable."

I stopped crying and sat there comfortably around Jungkook's arms. Hearing what he said had made me feel 100 times more motivated.

"Now, let's stand up and sit somewhere else.. we're going to get kicked by team leader when he comes out!" He guided me up onto the couch nearby.

"Hey.. about earlier. If you want, you can come stay at my apartment, but only for this month. Alright?" I asked him quietly.

"No.. I changed mind." He gave a little laugh. "That was a little invasive of your privacy, and I was too doubtful of your abilities. But if you still want me to come over, just give me a call anytime." He smiled.

"Thank you, Jungkook." And I smiled back.

—————————————————
No I'm not changing this into a Jungkook FF :,) don't worry. Or am I?

Sorry for the lack of updates, btw. There are no excuses, it was my fault. I hope you're still interested in keeping up with the story, thought :D