Chapter one.

Author's note.
Thank you for taking time to read my story. I really appreciate it!
My main character's name is Gwen and this is her POV.
Criticism  is welcome and do correct me if I made a mistake.
This is my first chapter. Hope u like it.🙈 Enjoyyyy!
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
The rays of the sun came  through the windows and it hit the face of the girl who was not  ready to start her first day of high school, considering the fact that she was lazily laying down and didn't want to get out of bed.

A voice came from downstairs and it made her launch out of bed and get on her feet. It was that terrifying voice every morning that made her open her drowsy eyes.  The same voice which told her sweet goodnight stories when  she was a kid, was the one which also gave her goosebumps now. It was the only voice which had such a powerful impact on her.  She sprang out of bed and closed the curtains.  She quickly got dressed and went down. There she saw her mother arranging the food in a neat order.

"Oh, there you are. It's your first day of high school. What took you so long?" asked my mother rather calmly. 
"The usual," I answered, wondering why my mom was very calm.  She sat and gestured me to sit, "I have a bad feeling about this," I thought.
"So...." she began, but she wasn't looking at me. I asked her to continue while I took a bite of my toast.
"Your father and I have decided to get a divorce and ..." before she could complete her sentence my mouth dropped open and I let go of the bread I was holding. Tears filled my eyes, "WHAT?" I screamed.

I couldn't believe  my ears and most  certainly I could not believe this was happening. My family has always been a happy one,  I've never seen my parents fight.

They looked  so ideal in my eyes.  They never had a problem which they both couldn't solve together, because both of them were lawyers. Denying reality,  I asked her if I heard her wrong. Life is  very unfair, it never goes your way. Happiness never  lasts neither does sadness.

"You didn't hear me wrong," she said,  unable to look at me. I could feel my emotions build up inside of me. It was mostly anger and sadness.  "But what's the reason?," I asked, even though I clearly didn't want to know, a little part of  me was curious. Now, it was my mom's turn to start crying.

I looked up at the clock and I realized that I was running late for my first day of school. Even though I was very curious to know, I felt very suffocating being in the same room. I quickly  took my bag and left without an explanation.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●