Ch 22: Like Nobody Else

{Caution: LONG chapters!}

        * Kyle's P.O.V. *

"Where could it be? How could I have lost it? I've had it for years." I talked to myself meanwhile rummaging through my luggage to find it. "Where the hell is it?" "Where's what Kyle?" I turned around to find Ashlynn looking at me. Not weirdly but if she could help me. "Where's your necklace?" she got wide-eyed realizing it wasn't around my neck. "That's what I've been looking for!" I snapped at her. "Okay, so where do you think it could be?" "I don't know." "Where were you last?" I tried thinking back to where it might be. "Hold on. Let me check with someone." I grabbed my phone texting him to see if maybe it was in his hotel room. "Well it's not in Randy's hotel room."

"Why would it be in Randy's hotel room?" she asked getting a bit defensive. Shit. Did I just say that out loud? "Oh, I visited him yesterday." she looked at me. I stood there praying she'd buy it. It's believable. I mean we are friends. "And how'd that go?" "Good. It just occurred to me that it might be there." she nodded. I really hope she bought it. "Have you tried Madison and them?" I hung my head. "I tried Mikey but no one else." I haven't told her. "What's wrong? Did you fight with one of them already?" I laughed turning around to start cleaning up. She knows me well. "No." "Then what's the problem?" I sighed. "Madison." I fell back and she caught me. It sorta came off as a trust fall. We tend to do that testing if we can trust the other with our problems or secrets. Even though we know we can trust each other, given our pasts we do it for our own safety and peace of mind.

"What about Madison?" I looked back at her holding me up. She stood me on my feet. "We...admitted to liking each other but just as we were about to kiss Marie showed up ruining the whole thing. I ran off to avoid being that girl." I summed up the whole night for her. She nodded knowing what I meant. "Where did you sleep?" "I was able to sleep here at the hotel. In my own room." I lied. If she knew the truth I wouldn't live long enough to write my last words to my family. "Why did you do that? You could've stayed with me and Nikita." "Because I didn't want to bother anyone. Especially you and your daughter. You guys were probably asleep and I didn't want to wake you or interrupt your bonding." "Okay. Well anyway know if there's a next time come to me no matter what. I'm always here for you. Nikita's always here for you. You know that." I nodded. "I'm so sorry to hear about you and Madison."

"Thank you." "I know how much you like him. I was really hoping that since things didn't work out with you and Nick," "When they could have had it not been for him cheating." I said upset tears threatening to fall. "I know. I've been meaning to tear him a new one." "Since when does it say a mutual friend of two exes tears into one of them about him cheating?" "Since we became friends." "Right." "Anyways getting back on topic. I was hoping that maybe things would work for Madison and you." now a few tears escaped. Running down my face at the thought of not only Nick cheating but me cheating. I wiped the tears away. "I was kinda hoping the same but I'm so conflicted with everything right now so it's not the best timing for Madison and I. It's so bad that we haven't seen each other since Mikey's birthday."

"That's understandable. Okay so if you haven't seen each other since then it's safe to say you guys talked about other things since then?" she asked hoping. I shook my head. "No. I told him I needed time to think." "Do you plan on talking? I mean you kinda have to if you want to be in the video." I know she's right but I just don't want to. "No I don't." I shook my head and she nodded telling me yes. We went back and forth on whether I should or shouldn't after putting me in her new finisher she told me she was gonna start using. The tilt-a-whirl fujiwara armbar, she's sorta struggling to find a name for it. She won. "Now you have to talk to him." "No I don't." I laughed. "You will talk to him even if I have to force you." "Fine! I'll talk to him." "Good." she said so proud of herself that she won. "Next year." I laughed watching her glare at me.