02.

The next day, Halsey couldn't help but let her suspicions rise as she watched the four descendants sleepily slump over their desk, none eager to answer the headmistress' questions. Maybe they're just tired, they have been on quite a journey, Halsey thought to herself, but the curiosity bubbled inside of her as she peered at them with narrowed eyes. "Does anyone know the answer?" The fairy godmother sighed, desperately glancing at all four descendants who shook their head. Halsey noticed Mal biting her lip nervously and debating putting her hand up, so she called her out and Mal who very reluctantly said the right answer. "Yes! That's correct!" Halsey beamed, and Mal frowned before managing to smile a little. Their was a sudden soft clicking of heels, and everyone turned their attention to Jane as she raced down the hallways, squeaking a little a hurrying her speed when she passed the descendants. "Hey, Jane!" Halsey smiled cheerily at the shy girl, who smiled and replied in a soft and quiet tone, "Hi, Halsey" before turning her attention to her mother. "Ah, everyone, this is Jane, my daughter." The fairy godmother gave her daughter a little shove towards the centre of the class, and Jane struggled to speak as she sent Halsey a pleading look. Halsey struggled to come up with an escape for the poor girl, and Jane instead hurried away down between the desks the four descendants were sat at. Before she could leave, she turned back round and reminded Halsey that there was cheer practice.

"Oh, now? Okay, well I'll have to go. Bye, guys!" Halsey called as she collected her textbooks into her arms and hurried away with her arm linked with her best friend. Carlos was unaware of Jay and Evie smirking at each other as he stared after her with a dreamy expression, only broken out of his trance when the fairy godmother coughed loudly. "Someone's got a crushhh." Jay sang with a playful smile and Carlos' eyes widened, pushing him off his seat as he yelled "No I don't!" The two began fighting and Jay had Carlos in a headlock before the fairy godmother gained their attention with a flick of her wand.

"Now, I see you both have a lot of energy and.. violence inside the both of you. I strongly suggest that you use this energy on the Tourney field and not in my classroom!" As Jay rolled his eyes and folded his arms, Carlos readjusted himself in his seat as he sighed. "Yeah, we'll pass.. whatever that is." Carlos mumbled underneath his breath, putting his head in his arms on the table. "Well, Jane is apart of the cheer team and will be there during your practice, so if you need something she'll be glad to help! Halsey, too, yet she often disappears half way through practice..". Carlos' head snapped up, full of enthusiasm as Jay sniggered at his friend. "Yeah, erm, I mean, I'll go." He rambled, nodding eagerly and the headmistress smiled with content.

•👿•

Halsey was warming up besides Audrey and the two were in deep conversation when she spotted her brother and the rest of the Tourney team strolling onto the field. Her eyes immediately began searching for Carlos, wanting to wish him luck yet unable to do so as all the players appeared the same in their matching helmets. The coach began barking orders and Halsey again was distracted from Audrey's babbling as the players took off their helmets, lining in front of their coach. He gave out positions and the cheerleaders got ready to cheer, but Halsey was still distracted. She tried focusing on Audrey's chants, but all she could think of was Carlos and his cute little grin.

"Hey, you! Yeah, lost boy!" The coach suddenly yelled, walking up to a player that stood uncertainly off to the side of the field. Halsey craned her neck, feeling her heart beat a little faster at the sight of her blonde haired friend. Carlos seemed like a lost and helpless puppy as he was screamed at to get out of the killer zone and thrown into the middle of the field. Before the coach could blow his whistle, Halsey quickly ran over to the boy and she felt her face gradually warm. "Good luck, Carlos." She smiled shyly, and Carlos struggled to respond as he began spluttering, his cheeks also a light pink. Halsey grinned once more, before running back off to her cheer team. The coach blew the whistle and the game began.