chapter 1

chapter 1
dead meat.

===

michaela's p.o.v.

"thank you! have a great day!" i said, giving the customer's bag of baked goods.

"micha, we can handle this, girl. you can go now." kirsty, one of my employees, said.

"i know you guys can handle this. nobody has called yet so i'm here." i smiled. she raised a brow at me.

"honest! i'm not lying this time!" last time someone called me for a songwriting session i came in late because i wanted to help. honestly, wouldn't you love staying in a place you built? you would, right? you'd be damn proud. because that's what i feel whenever i see my branches all over the place. it's overwhelming, but it's great.

"okay then." she said, chuckling. then, at that moment, my phone rang.

"see?" i said to her. she clapped her hands. i just stick my tongue out at her while she laughed at me and gave me a nod. i went ahead and answered the call.

"yes, this is michaela jones."

"hey chaela. it's princess. we have a situation." crap.

"is it bad?"

"for you, i think it is."

"what?"

austin's p.o.v

"austin. she's back." i looked up at my phone and saw it was alex.

what?

"who?"

"oh trust me, you know who she is."

"i don't know what you're t-"

"look." he then played a video on his phone.

"...and today we are going to talk about michaela. oh, yes. michaela jones is a beautiful 22-year-old owns a bakery fused with a music shop called rockin' rolls."

"ha! hilarious!" i watched as the tv guy laughed hysterically. pshh.

"they do have the best croissant and pizza rolls and yes, it also has a rock theme, courtesy of michaela's music taste. she is a songwriter, too so we know this."

"she was serious about it!" i exclaimed then, alex shushed me. i whispered a small "sorry" to which he just gave a nod in return.

"they sell rock vinyls and serve the best baked goods in the same place, everyone! and the place surely has that rock feel to it. the walls, the floor, the ceiling, the employee's clothes, the music they play there. it's a haven for rock lovers out there and certainly instagrammable."

"that's c-"

"she's everywhere, man." alex said.

"why didn't we know this?"

"it's still a bit fresh, like 4 months ago."

"4 months ago?! are you kidding me? did you know about this?"

"princess talked to me about a michaela, i'm sure. but i guess i didn't know that it was her."

"she might have thought we were okay now." i said.

"you're still not okay with her?!"

"i haven't got a chance to talk with her, okay?"

"maybe you just didn't have the balls to do it, though."

"i-" i though about it for a moment. "maybe."

he laughed loudly.

"but that's not the point!"

"okay, okay." he chuckled at me. "i have an idea though."

"tell."

"write a song with her, man!"

"are you crazy?!"

"scared?" he smirked at me.

"hell no!"

"i'm calling princess, then."

"shi-"

"shush!" he said, dialing his girlfriend since high school. also, ms. rockin' rolls' best friend. oh god, help me.

"fine, fine." 

i'm dead meat.