Chapter 29- Bone Jurr Miss Amiss

{Em's POV}

The journey so far had been fairly uneventful. Apollo had quickly parked the car upon a cloud, somehow, and seemed to be talking to a slightly transparent nymph about Taylor Swift's latest song. I wished that he would hurry up, seeing as we had a quest to complete, but I couldn't exactly say that to an Olympian god.

"I feel sick," Georgina moaned. She had turned the colour of sage, and I was suddenly glad that I wasn't sitting next to her.

"As long as you vomit all over Apollo and not me, I'm fine with it." Sofie told her.

"How far up do you think we are?" Alivia asked, "Because I want to open the window but I don't want to be sucked out of it."

"Apollo opened the car door to speak to his ex, so I think the air pressure is fine." Sofie replied.

"He's a god, though, Sof," I entered the conversation.

"Yes, but we'd all be losing oxyg-" Sofie stopped when we heard the sound of Georgina throwing up.

"STOP TALKING ABOUT- *insert vomiting noise*- HEIGHTS!"

The journey continued on for about an hour, and by the end of it, I was surprised that we hadn't all been gassed to death by the smell of sick.

We'd landed in a marketplace, in a small courtyard, surrounded by old French buildings. Families and couples wandered about the stalls, and I suddenly wished that Anthony could be here to see it. If only I could live a regular mundane life, with a regular mundane family, and regular mundane friends. Instead, my family was full of people who had committed incest, and my friends seemed to have lost their sanity a while back.

"So, remember about telling Zeus about how fantastic I am. I'll send you a copy of the poem about the Parthenon exploding soon."

"Thanks." I sarcastically murmured under my breath.

"And, Georgina. I'll give you a personally signed copy of it." He winked at her, and I was worried that he was going to start up Georgina's vomiting again. He jumped back in his Lamborghini, and without another word, the car sped off.

"What do we do now?" Sofie asked. It seemed like our quest had come to an abrupt halt as we'd completed our original goal: Get to Paris.

"Ummmmm. I think that we should reenact Les Miserables. What do you think, Sofie?" I said with a grin. We all looked to Sofie, whose face was completely devoid of emotion. She seemed to be murmuring things to herself, so I waved my hand in front of her face.

"Earth to Sofie?" I called out. Sofie's head snapped up almost automatically, her left eye a strange amber colour. I hadn't noticed the dark purple circles under her eyes until now.

"What is it?" She snapped, her eye fading back to her usual silver colour.

"I thought that you might like to help me find a good place to re-enact Les Miserables..." What had just happened with Sofie's eye?

"Oh yeah, sure. But first I think that we should find a place to stay." She was acting as if nothing had happened, and it was really starting to freak me out.

"Alivia and I will find a place to stay while you two go and start a revolution or something. I'll Iris message you where we are," Georgina said. "I'm sure we can make up some lie about being orphans or something to get us a free stay."

"Sofie's the only one who can speak fluent French, though." Alivia pointed out.

"I can speak French! Bone jur miss amis!" Georgina attempted (and failed).

"I have no idea what you're trying to say. Come on, Em, let's go." Sofie dragged me away as Georgina and Alivia stood on the pavement cluelessly.

"I think that we should split up and iris message each other if we find a good spot. If neither of us has called the other in the next 20 minutes then we should meet back here." Sofie nodded as she walked into a side alley. 

{Comment below any ships you have of this story (:}