Chapter Eight

"Hey lets go to the ferris wheel next! More memories mght come back!" Aika took his hand and ran towards the ride.

Δ Δ Δ

I don't like the memories because the tears come easily, and once again I break my promise to myself for this day. It is a constant battle.
A war between remembering
And forgetting.

Δ Δ Δ

Aika smiled, over joyed she remembered something. It was worth seeing him so happy. Worth it.

Thats what she kept telling herself. He's worth it. But even so she couldn't remember the time she met him. Not Isla meeting him, but her.

Was this the cost of trying to get her memories back? Losing her own? She hoped she could at least remember one little thing after all if Isla's memory returned.

Tsukasa smiled over his shoulder to Aika as the line got shorter for the farris wheel. He smiled not only at Aika but also Isla–he was finally getting her back!

Still he felt bad about having Aika go through this for him. Even so, Aika returned his smile happily.

The line got shorter until they were the first ones in line. The ferris wheel began moving again taking its next passengers on a wonderful ride. The sky was fading into a sunset of oranges, pinks, blues, and purples. Soon it was their turn to get on and the ferris wheel slowly climbed its way to the top before it stopped.

Aika felt her own memories falling away and being replaced with different ones. First meeting Tsukasa, going on retrieval missions, going everyday to improve herself. It was being jammed into her head. She rubbed her temples trying to fend off these unknown memories that she knew were Isla's.

Stop it, she thought. Don't come yet! I just want to spent more time with him! Just a few more hours!

Unfortunately for her she only had seconds. So she took that time that she had and grabbed Tsukasa by the collar, staring into his beautiful eyes. Tsukasa stared back at her, only he was confused by her actions.

Aika slowly leaned in, holding onto her own memories, willing Isla's to keep out for just a moment longer. But her memories were well gone and replaced by Isla's before their lips touched.

Δ Δ Δ

Tsukasa was the first to pull away from the gentle kiss.

"A-Aika..?" He stuttered, holding her at arms length. The sudden action only moments ago startled him. He never knew that...

"Error. I didn't quite catch that. Please repeat the question." Isla stared back at her partner. Suddenly she was aware of where she was and her eyes grew wide.

Her life span had run out on this ferris wheel during a kiss with the one she loved.

"Finally..." she started. "I have been reunited with the one I cherish and love."

Tsukasa's heart skipped a beat as he realized this was no longer Aika, but his partner and the love of his life.

"You're back." He breathed.

"I'm back."

A tear fell down Isla's cheek but it was a tear of joy. Ever so gently, Tsukasa pulled her into a kiss he had waited to so long to do.

Δ Δ Δ

I remember every word you said. And I can't stop thinking out it.