Chapter 3 Friendship Lost

It was nighttime in New York, the sky was clear, and the stars shone brightly. The tallest building in the city was owned by a man named David Xanatos, he is the reason why the gargoyles are here. Xanatos was not the most excellent man around. He is willing to do anything to get the gargoyles under his control, but so far, his plans have not worked. Yet he has something else planned for Goliath and his clan. It just needs more time. Xanatos was in his office checking something on his computer when his servant Owen walked in. He seemed to be in a bit of a panic yet still maintained his calm personality. 

"Sir, someone has broken in," Said Owen as he walked over to Xanato's desk.

"What! How is that possible?! Xanatos shouted.

"Someone used one of the secret passageways, sir" replied Owen.

Xanatos turned to his computer and started to check on the security system. he brought up the video file from the cameras. In the videos, her saw a female figure going through one of the passages to the library; he saw the figure taking a book in a particular case. The book was on ancient artifacts with great power. Xanatos also saw the figure in a different area of the castle; the sculpture took an old claw from a gargoyle robot that Xanatos had made; the foot looked like it had blood on it. Xanatos stops the picture as he enhances it. He recognizes the figure all too well. Owen looked at the screen on Xanatos's computer.

"What is she planning now?" Ask Xanatos as he stared at his computer screen, looking at the female.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It has been a few weeks since Amber has been staying with the gargoyles. Since she has been living with them, there have not been any more people trying to kidnap her. What Goliath said was right. Staying with the gargoyles would keep her safer from these strange men; plus Amber has been getting along quite well with them, she even has been training herself to stay up longer so she can see them before morning, but it's hard for her not to fall asleep. She crashes on the couch around 1 or 2 in the morning. The cops finally left her home, so Elise could get Amber's clothes and a few other things for her. Amber made her little piece of home while trying not to take over anyone's space in the old clock tower. It was a slow night, with not very many criminals to deal with. Amber was playing a game with Lexington, and losing big time. Bronx was lying in Hudson's chair, taking a nap, as Broadway was in the kitchen making a sandwich...again. 

"Awww come on!" said Amber as she watched her character gets killed again.

"You were close that time," said Lexington.

"I don't think I would ever beat you, Lexington, you are just too good," Amber said as she fell back on the floor.

"Hey, you might get lucky next game," Lexington said as he laughed a little.

Broadway game into the living room with a 5-foot-long hoagie. Amber was surprised that Broadway could eat so much. Heck, Amber could not even finish a simple Burger.

"Isn't that your fourth sandwich Broadway?' Said Lexington

"What? I'm hungry," replied Broadway.

"I would say you would get a stomachache with all that eating, but I'm pretty sure that those do not apply to you, huh Broadway," said Amber

The group hears someone landing on the balcony. They saw Goliath, Hudson, and Brooklyn walk in from the balcony door as they looked. They got back a little earlier tonight.

"Hey, welcome back, you three," Said Amber with a smile.

"Hello, class," said Hudson as he walked over to his chair the Bronx got off, so he could let Hudson sit.