Chapter 2

I

Regret

Everything.

So, maybe storming out of the school in the middle of the day was not a great idea, but what was even worse, was the fact that it was pouring outside.

I trudged through the puddles angrily, like, why does the universe hate me?!
It has screwed me over multiple times already, so when will it be done ruining my life?

I sloshed angrily through the murky water, fed up with how my day was going already, until a car drove up next to me, coating me with mud as it did so.

I stood there for a moment, shocked by the coldness. That's it, whoever did this was so going to get it!

The window of the dark car rolled down, allowing me to see the culprit. Surprise, surprise, imagine my reaction to seeing Devan's sheepish face staring right at me.

Alright, just because he's devilishly handsome does not mean he can get away with this atrocity, but it certainly helped my fiery anger cool down. Like, I was this close to bashing his face in before I noticed who it actually was.

"Oh, shit! I'm so so sorry, oh my goodness, I formally apologize for any inconvenience," he rambled as he quickly jumped out of his vehicle and ran over to me.

He briskly moved closer to inspect the damage, and once he was close enough, I took the time to study his face properly. His stunning eyes, which I previously believed were just blue, had flecks of a beautiful forest green in them. I breathed in sharply, still in disbelief that anyone could be so handsome.

Now let's be clear, just because he is totally hot, which I know anyone else would agree with, does not mean that I am crushing on him. I cannot warm up to anyone else.

Not after what happened last time.

My body involuntarily shivered just thinking about it. He seemed to notice this and swore under his breath.

"Shit, you're probably freezing. Here, let me give you a ride, it really is the least I can do!"

I hesitated, I mean, could you blame me? Yeah, he is insanely hot, but he is still a complete stranger to me.

"Only if you promise to take me straight home," I quietly agreed, still unsure about the whole ordeal.

"You won't regret it, I promise!" he said with a bright smile, his straight, white teeth almost blinding me.

Well, too late.

************************************

Sorry it's short again and that it's been so long since I've updated but I've been going through a rough time. This story will get better, though. Well, I can't promise that it will but I sure hope so! Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this silly story!