epilogue

Callidoras POV
I stare at him quietly not saying anything. He hasn't aged a bit.  Of course he's a vampire.

I want to hug him and tell him I've missed him but I just can't, I'm too afraid.

"how have you been" he asks slowly making his way towards me.

"well " I say.  But it's actually a lie.  My heart hurt everyday knowing that he is far away from me.

"I couldn't live without you,  I almost went crazy wanting to see you everyday,  to feel your scent, to hold you" he says looking anywhere but my eyes.

"I'm sorry for being so greedy.  I only thought about myself and not about you" I say quietly.

He looks up at me and gives me a small smile.

"let me see...your true self" I manage to say watching him intently. His eyes widen in shock and I nod my head to tell him it was fine.

He closes his eye and when he opens them,  they are red in colour.  His lips part to reveal two long fangs.

I didn't feel fear in me.  What I felt was pity and admiration. I raise my hand touching his eyes then his long fangs.  I wrap my arms around his neck and hug him tightly.

He hugs me too and he nuzzles in my neck.

"I'm sorry,  I'm sorry I hurt you.  I missed you.  I was going crazy too with wanting to see you everyday, to hug you,  to kiss" I cry hugging him tighter and taking in his cologne.

*********

Miranda's POV

"stop it" I shouted dodging away from Adrian's snowballs.

"you started it" he shouts from afar while running towards me.  He holds me and pushes me to the floor. I spin around and end up on top of him.

"then I'll start with this too" I laugh giving him a light kiss on the cheek.

He smiles and pushes me up and we both sit on the snow.

"can you do that again? " he begs and I smile before leaning in to peck him but he turns in time and kisses me on the lips.

I haven't still given Adrian his answer of what he asked two years ago and he seems pretty OK with it. The truth is I wanted him.

"Adrian,  you know what you asked me two years ago,  my answer is yes " I smile finishing my statement.

He widens his eye and throws his fist in the air. He jumps up and run around in the snow. like a little boy, he runs back to me and kisses my face.

"ah,  we have to go to Eva's memorial " I shout realising that we were late. We scrambled up and rush to get to the airport.

"do you think Cally will be there " I ask worried.  We have never heard from her since she travelled to San Francisco.  I actually want to meet her and apologize.

"let's hope so "he assures holding my hands.

******
        Four hours later
"hey nerd" I greet sitting beside Eva's grave and Adrian sits besides me.

"surprisingly I miss you.... You know we were never the best of friends, we were getting there " I say again holding her picture to my chest.

"we miss you" Adrian interrupts.

We tell her that we're dating now and that we miss her a lot.  We tell her how many countries we've travelled to,  Malawi,  China, Hawai etc.

Soon enough it was time to leave.  We agreed to stay over at Clementes place since my parents are out of the country and it won't hurt to have a little reunion party.