A Catholic's view Part 2

It was kind of like feudalism. I remember how the people I knew thought it resembled a medieval Catholic nunnery or a monkish order. I mean there were similarities. For one thing, what was produced was shared, no one person or group was formed to get more than others. Arrogance was punished with silence, shunning and physical means--if needed. Well, that made it different from feudalism. Even the Church had its hierarchy of power over human time. Of course, nowadays those who have faith still gather and worship their deities in their own ways. I still take communion and go to mass. And our sex lives were so much more easy-going what with equal political power between all men and women being the norm.Anyway, I liked it. Of course, I was only a kid then. In fact, it was great. All you had to do was put in your 'socially necessary labour time' at whatever was available via the online notice board, providing you could actually do the task. For instance, some librarians chose to become public transit drivers or anything else on offer. It was a cinch to get four hours in; which meant you got three hours out of the store of social labour. Me? I actually enjoyed my necessary time spent at our organic farms and with book shelvers in our libraries.

Organic? Yeah, all our agricultural produce was farmed organically after the revolution. The principle of living in harmony with the Earth meant that poisons and non-organic fertilisers couldn't be used anymore.

Exploitation? You mean the 3 hours for 4 put in?

Naw.

I get it, naw. That other hour went to those who couldn't contribute anything communally useful.

End story. I think I'll smoke a joint.