Chapter 30: Not the Same

Shawn's POV

   I sat in the tour bus just staring out the window with heartbreak. She's gone. She's really gone. I can't believe that my own manager forced her to leave and go back to San Diego. This is all my fault. I should've not told our fans about our relationship that night in West Allis. Everything is now fucked up because of me. I let myself ruin me and Sky's relationship. 

   "Shawn we're here" Andrew said.

   I completely ignored him as he was interrupting my thoughts. He sat down next to me with his hand on my shoulder.

   "Hey man, I know that we have to let her go but it's for your own good" he said.

   I nodded and we both walked out of the tour bus to the venue. Tour isn't gonna be the same without Skylar watching me perform and waiting for me after the show to go up and kiss her soft lips. I miss Skylar so much. I just want my baby here with me right now.

Sky's POV

    After an hour and forty three minute flight, I finally landed into Nashville Tennessee. I pulled out my phone to call Andrew that I just landed.

   "Hello" I heard him say from the other line.

   "Hey Andrew, I just landed in Nashville" I said as I was waiting for my suitcase.

   "Ok great. I'll text you the address to the hotel that your gonna be staying at" he said.

   "Ok thanks Andrew. Bye" I said.

    I hung up and I eventually got my suitcase. After receiving the address, I called an uber to take me there. I'm so excited to see Shawn again. He's gonna be really happy when I'm gonna surprise him at one of his shows.

    As the uber driver pulled into the hotel parking, I paid and thanked him before getting out of the car with my belongings. I walked inside to get checked into my room and I noticed a couple of girls staring at me with their hands covering their mouths. They came up to me with big smiles on their faces.

   "Hi Skylar, can we take a picture with you?" one of them asked.

   "Uh sure" I said.

    I was kinda shocked to get recognized so quickly but at the same I kinda figured since I'm Shawn's girlfriend. The only time I interacted with the fans was only on social media. Now, they come up to me asking me for pictures and videos for their friends who couldn't make it. The fans always put a huge smile on my face no matter what. After we took pictures, the girls left and I got checked in to my hotel room. I entered into the room and got settled in. Just two more days until I see Shawn again and get to be able to wrapped my arms around him and taste his soft lips again.

Shawn's POV

   I kept pacing myself back and forth. Nerves are coming in, sweat dripping from my forehead, my whole body is shaking, I'm not ready. All I can think right now is "I can't do this". I just want Skylar to be here with me comforting and telling me that everything is gonna be ok but it's not the same now. It's never gonna be the same without her being here with me on tour now.

   "Shawn you have five minutes to be on" Andrew told me.

   I nodded and grabbed my guitar. I haven't felt this feeling of nerves since the first stop on the whole tour. Before stepping on stage, I took a deep breath trying to calm myself down. I stepped foot onstage seeing millions of people in the crowd. All I could think about is Skylar in the crowd watching me. I tried to forget about it but I couldn't. It's like she's everywhere even inside my head and she won't leave. It's gonna be hard surviving the rest of this tour without her.