Chapter 4

Dylan poured cereal into his bowl and then poured milk over it. He sat down at the old kitchen table next to Zach who for some reason looked as tired as he did. Dylan sincerely worried about that because he knew if Zach was having the same kinds of nightmares that he was having, then very bad things would definitely happen, Dylan knew that from experience. Zach looked up from his own breakfast. "Dylan can you hand me the sugar?" Dylan handed him the sugar bowl and watched as his brother sprinkled a small spoonful of sugar over his bowl of cereal. " You look tired. Did you have any bad dreams?" He asked his brother, trying to to sound Casual and hoping for the answer he wanted to hear, but could almost hear the concern in his own voice."no... ghosts were haunting my room last night you know." Zach made a silly wide eyed expression at Dylan and Dylan rolled his eyes, glad that what his brother had said was simply a joke. "You have no idea", he muttered. "What?" Zach asked. Dylan put on a smile. "Nothing" Zach finished his breakfast then went to put the dishes in the sink before walking out of the kitchen. "Zach!" Dylan called after his brother making the other boy stop in his tracks and look at him. " yeah?"
" If you do start having bad dreams...then just tell me, okay?" Dylan knew he had slipped up. He regretted not thinking it through before he said that, realizing how strange he sounded.
Zach frowned. "Uh okay I guess...but why?" Dylan wasn't sure what to tell him. " I don't know this place can get pretty creepy at night. Just thought you'd want to talk about it if you did..."
Zach blinked. " yeah, sure I guess. Dreams are just dreams, though. It's not like things that happen in them can actually happen in real life" Zach looked slightly exasperated. "You know, Dylan, I've got to say you've been acting a little weird lately. You sure you don't have anything you need to talk about?" Dylan shrugged, trying to look nonchalant. He stirred his bowl of cereal, which wasn't even half empty but turning soggy and found that he had lost his appetite. "Whatever", Zach said and continued on his way to the living room. Dylan watched him as he walked on and wondered what exactly he would do if it started happening to Zach. What could he do anyway if they started showing him those videos and coming to him every night? The thought made him feel helpless. Dylan knew his mind was going to places he did not want again but he didn't even try to stop it. For some reason he began to think about Milo. Milo who was smart and handsome and mysterious couldn't possible like him, could he? Not to mention the fact that Milo was a ghost with a terrible and tragic past. It just wouldn't make any sense. Still, why had he acted the way he did last night then, if he didn't? Dylan still didn't trust that he wouldn't go against his wishes and start using Zach to carry out Bughuul's wishes. What Dylan hated most of all was that in the end, there was really not much he could do to stop Milo if he did decide to start using Zach.