Stories of the Hill From Heaven

After what felt like days, walking in a random direction, death, destruction, and decay all around them.

"What's that?" Michelle says. Squinting her eyes, trying to look closer.

"It looks like that entire area was untouched by the destruction." James says looking through a pair of binoculars.

As they walk along, the landscape around them, and under their feet slowly changes, the closer and closer they got towards the edge of the field surrounding a massive hill.

"The grass here is so green and thick. I know we've heard of places surviving the impact, but I didn't think we would ever find any of them." As Michelle runs her hand through the grass, she is overcome by a feeling of serenity, and uphoria. "I know where we are." Michelle says as she lays down in the grass sprawled out like she was a child again. "This is the hill from heaven. We need to go the the top of the hill."

About twenty minutes later, they reach the top of the hill. "It's so beautiful. The field goes as fast as I can see." Almost as if instinctively, she runs her hand through her hair, staring off into the distance, watching the sunset.

"I hope I can bring the two of you back her some day so you can see the splendid wonders of the hill from heaven." Michelle says rubbing her stomach. "Oh how beautiful the light is from the sunset. I just wish it would stay longer. Just for a bit."

James sits down beside her. "I love you James." she says laying down, placing her head on his lap. "I love you too Michelle." he says as she falls asleep.

After a very relaxing nap, she opened her eyes. They were just as luscious and green as the field of grass she lay in .There she sit, atop that very hill, her silky black hair waving in the wind, enjoying her time with her family.

"That's so adorable. But why do I remember this?" she thinks to herself.

"What a beautiful day it is today." she says as she runs her hands threw her little girl's hair. Michelle standing, watching a beautiful loving family, enjoy the sunset.

Michelle's eyes fly open, and she jumps up. "What's wrong?" James asks worryingly. "Nothing's wrong." she says back as she runs towards the tree.

"Where is it?" Michelle mumbles to herself. "THERE IT IS!" she screams frantically with joy as she runs her hand over a carving in the tree.

"What's there?" James chuckles slightly as he walks over.

"It's my parent's initials. We use to come here a lot when I was little. Our old house is somewhere around here."

James turns Michelle around and kisses her. "You have no idea how adorable you are right now." she kisses him back. "You're an ass, you know that right.?" James kisses her again. "Do you want to go see if it's still there?" Michelle laughs. "Yes, yes I do." And with that, their next adventure begins.