Chapter 17

This is a short one folks, a little filler with a cliff hanger. I'm trying to make this story a little longer. It would be really easy to wrap this up in a few more chapters, but I don't want to do that. I want to give it a little more detail than that. I am not as confident in this story as I once was, but I think it's coming back.

Pic of Karen and Blade up top, Deacon below.

You guys would be amazed at the random shit that pops up when I try to find pictures for this. Like I google 'blade film' and I get pictures of like Shadow of Mordor or some shit, pretty sure I saw Jared Leto in there some where. WFT?

Holy shit!!!! I was looking for the pic of Deacon and as I was scrolling I found THE COVER FOR THIS STORY! Not a big accomplishment I realize, but hey, I take what I can get

I walked down the bright hallway, wiping my mouth with the hem of my shirt. Not that it really helped, the blood had dried now and my shirt was filthy anyways. Being drug through a sewer will do that to ya I suppose.

"You don't look too good." I jumped at the sound of Quinn's voice. 

I looked up to see him making his way down the hall towards me.

"Well I was nearly blown up, drug through a sewer, then walked across an entire city. So no, I probably don't look like a fucking super model." I couldn't help the bitchiness in my tone, my attitude was complete shit right now.

He threw his hands up. "Just an observation, don't claw my eyes out."

He laughed for a second then stopped when he saw my face. I was glaring at him though narrowed eyes. I normally don't mind his quirky behavior, but right now I couldn't stand him, or anyone for that matter. Shit I'd probably punch a baby for crying right about now.

"Deacon?" That was all he said.

I nodded. "Do you ever just want to rip his dick off and feed it to him?"

He raised an eyebrow. "Nope, I uh...don't really think about his dick very often."

"But you have before?" I smiled.

He was kind of stupid, but I have to admit, Quinn could lighten just about anybody's mood.

"Obviously, dudes' pretty hot." His dorky grin was back.

I choked on my laughter then frowned again. "Dammit I'm supposed to be angry."

"Yeah, but not at me." He said simply.

"Valid point." I agreed. "I'm going to my room, I'll see you later."

I waved then turned towards my room. My head was starting to hurt from the impact with the door, add that to the aching feet and I was moving like a turtle. When I finally made it to my room I went straight to the shower.

I was trying to wipe the steam from the mirror when I heard my bedroom door open. It had to be Deacon, anyone else would have knocked.

I opened the bathroom door and nearly yelled. "I swear to god Deac-" My mouth stopped moving when I saw who it was.

"Mercury?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Blade." Karen said as she stepped away from her microscope. "Take a look at this."

"What?" Blade growled as he stopped his pacing.

He'd been at it since Chris left, worried that by letting her go he'd set some serious shit into motion.

Karen frowned at his attitude. "It's called EDTA, take a look at what happens when I mix it with vampire blood."

She placed a sample down then motioned for him to take a closer look, he obliged by sticking his nose right in front of the microscope.

"You may wanna step back," Karen said wearily, "the reaction is explosive."

Blade simply grunted and waited for something to happen. He was about to call bullshit when the entire microscope blew up in his face.

"How the hell is that supposed to cure me?" Blade said angrily.

"I never said it was a cure." Karen said matter-of-factually as she crossed her arms. "I thought you could use it to burst some vampire heads."

Blade simply grunted in response. Whistler laughed from his seat at the two. There was an obvious attraction between them, but neither of them realized it.

They both turned to look at the old man and said in unison. "What?"

"Nothing, nothing." Whistler stopped chuckling and turned serious. "Tell him what it does with Chris' blood."

Karen turned solemn. "The same thing."

"How? She's human." Blade was confused now.

Karen shrugged her shoulders. "That's what we've been trying to figure out."