S

Come on, Liam. You can do it. 

I push open the double doors into a seemingly bland conference room. A woman dressed in black with her blonde hair pulled into a tight bun appears to greet me. 

Remember, she is not your friend. We are. 

I force a smile and stretch out my hand, giving her my name and simple pleasantries. Gesturing to the chair, Jen took a seat and waved her hand to tell me to do the same. Doing so, she took out a pad of white paper and ballpoint pen from her skirt pocket.  

"I'm Jen, and I'll be interviewing you today," she smiled, showing two perfect rows of teeth. Jen folded her hands on her lap with the paper and pen, crossing her legs in the action. "Why is it that you were drawn to our specific company?"

Be polite. 

I kept my fake smile as I answered her question, making it a point to use my hand gestures that my career counselor instructed. 

Jen kept her smile as well, and nodded at the right times while writing down notes on the paper.

She's mocking you. 

Do not be afraid of her, we are here with you. If all goes down, you'll still have us. You do not need this job. 

I shook my head, trying to clear them out of my mind as I tried focusing on the next of Jen's questions. Jen look a bit confused as to why I was shaking my head, however she continued on to her next question. 

"Wonderful," she said. "But why should we hire you in particular out of the other applicants?" 

You shouldn't hire him. He doesn't need you or your uptight bun. 

Taking the palm of my hand, I slapped the side of my head. 

"Are you alright?" asked Jen, a quizzical look upon her face. I affirmed that I was, indeed, alright, just a little bit of a headache.

I continued to answer her previous question. 

Jen nodded. "So what do you -"

You should not be talking to her. She is an enemy. You do not need to talk to this woman for she will only bring you pain and suffering. 

Suddenly, I stood up, my chair rattling behind me as I ran out of the room, not caring about anything else except for them in my head.

-----

Question: What do you guys think of the first chapter?