b e g i n | the boy

THE BOY WAS UTTERLY AND HOPELESSLY IN LOVE. He watched with fervor as the girl with caramel hair sauntered past the many people in the gymnasium to make her way towards him.

"Oikawa-kun," she greets, with the most beautiful smile he has seen in his whole life. There were no words to describe the feelings that churned in his stomach as the girl encircles her arms around his neck presses her lips towards his. "I made you lunch. Would you join me?"

"Sure," he replies with a charming smile-all his smiles are charming and from the corner of his eyes, he thinks he sees Iwaizumi shaking his head. There is no mistaking the solemn look in his eyes, and was that-disappointment?

He shrugs it off. Iwaizumi, or Iwa-chan as he prefers to call the boy who is his closest confidant, always looks disappointed at him.

"Oikawa-kun," the girl in front of him says and he notices the way the powder in her cheeks are slowly withering. "Are you okay?"

"Of course, Mia-chan," he replies with a smile one would think is sincere if he or she doesn't know the broken personage named Oikawa Tooru. "Cheer for me, okay?"

The girl nods cheerfully as Oikawa rejoins his team and prepares for another match. The girl, Mia, he doesn't know her last name but he likes the way she kisses him and he adores how her name rolls off his tongue. She is beautiful, curvy, charming; everything she wants in a girl.

"Do your best, Oikawa-kun!" the girl cheers and he waves a hand in return. Of course, Iwaizumi reprimands him for it but Oikawa Tooru is as playful as he is handsome so he merely sticks a tongue out and prepares to set.

The coach whistles and the sound resounds throughout the gymnasium.

The game begins.

Thirty-six minutes and twenty-five seconds was all it took for Oikawa's team to win and he praises his teammates one by one. From the stands, Mia runs towards him and smiles.

"You look so handsome when you spike." Oikawa, never spiked in the game but he doesn't correct her. "The way you showed the team who was boss is amazing and I bet all the boys are jealous of you. Your clothes-" Ah, it was the annoying type.

"C'mon, Mia-chan," he says with a faux smile and the girl seems to forget the fact that he just called her with a honorific. "Let's have lunch in the rooftop."

The girl smiles, and her lips are smeared with the darkest shade of red. They bear the same color as blood flowers and the way her eyes crinkle when she smiles isn't adorable but she is a good kisser so Oikawa is content. He runs his hands around her waist and they make their way to the rooftop.

"Let's enjoy ourselves," Oikawa says again. He says it with such a sweet tone. He says it with so much devotion. He says it with every bit of love and romanticism in his body. He says it with passion.

He says it to the girl who is not his girlfriend.

* * *

THE GIRL WAS UTTERLY AND HOPELESSLY IN LOVE. So much that she ignores how the rumor that her boyfriend has found a new girl and they are currently eating lunch in the rooftop. So much that she pushes away the fact that her effort in making him lunch is all in vain. So much that she merely smiles.

So much that she holds back the tears.

Akatsuki Mana is in pain but she doesn't let the evidence slip. She puts on a smile and merely tells Iwaizumi that he is wrong and Oikawa has promised to stop having intimate associations with other females.

"Mana!" the way Iwaizumi yells her name is so full of concern that she thought she might fall onto his chest and sob her pain away. She doesn't. This has happened too many times and she has known to hold back the pain for too many times. She knows she cannot rely on Iwaizumi for when it really came to it, he would choose Oikawa.

Mana would choose Oikawa too. At this moment too, Mana is choosing Oikawa. That's why she dismisses Iwaizumi's concern. That's why she keeps the pain in her heart. That's why she doesn't break up with him.

"I'll punch him," Iwaizumi announces with fury and she shakes her head in disagreement.

"No," her voice is too calm and composed that she almost doesn't recognize it. It is the voice of a girl who has been broken too many times and has refused to stand up. It is faint, fragile and soft and it is not Akatsuki Mana's voice. "That would be bad for his face. That girl will dump him if he ends up having a black eye so, no. Don't do it, Iwaizumi."

"Stop kidding me Mana!" the boy says with a temper he cannot hold back anymore. "He's hurting you. Be angry!"

She shakes her head and laughs. "I can't be angry."

"That piece of garbage!" Mana knows how badly Iwaizumi wants to curse but the boy is practicing self-control because of her. She is almost his little sister and she knows how genuine he is, but-

She doesn't want anyone to hurt Oikawa.

"Stop it," she says, but her tone is light. She picks up the lunch she prepared for Oikawa and places it into Iwaizumi's arms. "Give it to him, okay?"

"Mana!"

She ignores his concern and smiles. "If he's already full, throw it."

"Mana!" For a moment there, she thinks that the boy is almost in tears.

"Good afternoon to you, Iwaizumi," she bades. "I have a class to go to."

She turns her back on him, caramel hair tumbling as she walks. Her back is stiff and she does her best to keep it from trembling. Her eyes are red but she manages to supress the tears. She loves him. She loves him. She loves him. She loves him.

Does she, really?

* * *

e n d.
-
[ Supermarket Flowers ]

'sometimes, it's just better to let go.'

>>>

[ a u t h o r ' s c o r n e r. ]

unedited, lmao xD
i hope this isn't too cliché,
omg.

i just want to write something about a toxic relationship? ??