Chapter 3

Over the course of a few weeks, Steve and Natasha became much closer to each other.

They try to have dinner at weeknights as much as possible, and on Fridays, they would both alternate on who gets to choose which movies they'll watch. Steve would usually buy the ice cream and he tries different flavors every week. Since they do this every week, there is now a new soft blanket draped on the couch for them to use when it gets too cold.

"What are we watching tonight?" Natasha asked, lying down on the couch and lazily watching Steve as he hands her her bowl of ice cream and turns the TV on. She lifted her legs so Steve can sit and then places them over his once he's settled down.

Physical contact between them has become common. Steve developed a habit of lightly touching Natasha when he laughs, or absentmindedly twirls a strand of her hair while they sit next to each other. Natasha would often lean on Steve when they watch movies, or lay her legs across his lap like she's doing right now. They both didn't mind, and even secretly like it.

Steve laughs as Natasha balances her ice cream bowl from her stomach and tries to eat from it. "You're gonna end up dropping that all over you. And we're watching Me Before You." He took her bowl and scooted closer to her. "Here, say, 'ah.'" He grinned and started feeding her.

Natasha pouted at the name of the movie; she read the book and cried at the ending. "Are you serious-" she was cut off and ate the food Steve was feeding her and laughed. "I feel like a baby," she said, changing her position so she could make it easier for the both of them to watch and eat.

Steve gave up and just mixed both their ice creams in one bowl and used one spoon for the both of them. Halfway through the movie, they finished the ice cream and he put the bowl on the table. He leaned back and put his arm around Natasha's shoulder and she leaned into him, clutching the blanket tightly.

"I'm so sad for Will.. and I want a guy like him, he's so thoughtful and nice to Louisa..." she muttered more to herself, staring at the screen with her eyes twinkling. Steve smiled and said nothing, just tightening his hold on her a little bit.

"They look so good together, Emilia Clarke is very pretty. Don't you think so, Steve?" Natasha continued, this time lightly poking Steve for a response.

He gave a small shrug and smiled, "Yes, she is. But I've seen prettier." He replied, thinking that a certain redhead whose curls seem to fall perfectly on her face, and whose eyes seem to be just the right shade of green, a color that reminds him of the lightness and beauty of nature, is easily prettier in his eyes.

As the movie came to an end, Natasha began to cry. She started tearing up lightly to shaking followed by a big sob. Steve frowned and sat her up, looking at her. "Hey, are you okay? Should I stop the movie?" He asked, worried about her.

"I-i'm okay. Don't stop it. It's just-just so sad.." she ended, seeming to only cry harder. He smiled and placed his hands on the sides of her face and used his thumb to wipe her tears away.

"Shh, it's okay, it's only a movie, Nat." He whispered quietly, noticing that Natasha has her arms wrapped around his back. She leaned her head on his chest and cried more.

"I'm scared to be left like that, I don't want that to happen to me," she muttered quietly, closing her eyes and trying to stop the hiccups that threaten to start. She calmed down her breathing and just enjoys the steady thumps of Steve's heart.

"Don't worry Nat, I'm sure that won't happen to you," I'll make sure that no one will do that to you. He whispered, combing his fingers through her hair. "No one will leave you," I won't leave you. He added. He frowned at his thoughts and shook his head, trying not to really fall for her because it might just ruin things between them.

They sat like that for a while. Steve noticed that Natasha has fallen asleep against him and brush the hair from her face. He also wiped some remaining tears off her face. Steve moved Natasha so he could carry her and move her to her room.

"Hey Nat, I'm moving you to your room, okay?" He whispered quietly to her ear as he lifted her up to her room. He's never been in her room, and he tried hard not to look around because it feels like he's intruding. Once he settled her down on her bed and pulled a blanket over her, he looked down at her and smiled to himself. He leaned down and pressed a quick press to her forehead before going out and cleaning up.