OS1A: The Dawn (Jonerys One-Shot)

Title: The Dawn (one-shot)

Summary: The morning after Jon and Daenerys make love for the first time.

Rating: Mature / Explicit

Author's Note: This is my first Game of Thrones fanfic (Jonerys) ever! I've been writing Divergent fanfic up to now. I own nothing - all inspiration and characters belong to the Game of Thrones Series.  **UNEDITED**

  **UNEDITED**

+++++o+++++

"We sail together."

** Jon POV **

This time, when my eyes open the light of dawn is filtering in at the edges of the heavy curtains covering the ship's windows in Daenerys's room. I carefully turn my head as not to wake her as I check to see if she is still asleep. I've never had such a poor nights rest. I lost track of how many times I woke up in the unfamiliar room, immediately aware of her lithe body pressed against mine in the darkness.

My lack of sleep is not her fault.

Well, not really her fault.

It isn't her fault that each time I awoke I was compelled to stare at her in awe as my eyes adjusted to the darkness. As my body reacted to her naked flesh pressed against me, our bodies curved together as I held her in my arms. Her back lying against my chest as I felt her ass pressed against my cock. I've learned that it is also hard to fall back to sleep once fully aroused with no relief.

After we made love the second time we both were completely spent. For two people that had just been so intimate moments earlier, we were both dealing with our own uncertainties.

++o++ Flashback ++o++

I nervously approach the Queen's door, my heart beating out of my chest. My nervousness withering in comparison to the need I can no longer ignore. My need for her.

I am in love with Daenerys Targaryen, and whatever her numerous titles are that Missandei recited the day I met her at Dragonstone.

Every moment, every meeting, every exchange that passes, I find myself caring more and more for the young queen. Her beauty, is like nothing I have ever seen before and I noticed it the moment I met her. What I feel for her is so much more than an appreciation for her outward radiance.

No. I love her because I can't imagine not loving her. Every part of her. She is strong, she has a good heart, a temper to match her ire.

She protects people from monsters. And now I will protect her, my queen that I love.

I've ignored my feelings, made excuses – valid ones of course. As I previously told Davos, there's no time for "that". Which is absolutely true.