Chapter 22- Ne Me Quitte Pas

Next day

Links POV

I felt my eyes flutter open as I saw Rhett laying right next to me. I stood up, stretching. I walked through to the bathroom and switched on the shower. I removed my glasses and removed my clothes before stepping into the shower. I felt the warm water cascade over my skin. The bathroom door opened behind me. I heard Rhett giggle and slip in behind me. The roomy shower provided more than enough space for the both of us.

"Hey can I join you honey?" I turned and laughed.

"Honey? What is with the pet names?" He smiled and looked down, his hair flopping onto his forehead.

"Can't I show my loving boyfriend how much I love him?" He grabbed my shampoo bottles and rubbed the suds into my hair. We washed until we were finally both spotless.

"What's the plans for today?" I slipped on a pair of blue shorts and a plain white top and trainers. Rhett put on a similar outfit.

"We are going to go see all of the major sights. And tonight I have something special planned." He smiled.

"Oh?" I snuggled into the crook of his neck.

"Let's go!"

An hour later

Rhetts POV

"Are you sure it's this way?" Link peered up from the map.

"Yeah look it's this street and then the next and we should be at the Louvre!" I grabbed the map and put it back in my bag. We walked along the streets until we finally saw it in eye view.

"Hey Rhett look at these!" I turned around to see Link pointing at different head gear.

"Can we get these?" He picked up a floppy blue sunhat and a matching pink one. He looked at me with puppy dog eyes.

"Oh alright." I paid for it and put it on his head. We walked a little further till we finally reached the Louvre.

"Isn't it beautiful?" Link wrapped his arms around me. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder.

"Take a photo of me!" He bounced forward, handing me his phone.

"Smile!" He smiled in a cute way, tilting his hat. A lady walked by us. I ran up to her.

"Excuse me but could you take a photo of me and my boyfriend?" She smiled and nodded. I jogged back over to Link, cuddling him tightly. She took multiple photos of us before handing my phone back and walking off.

"That's adorable. Now let's go back to the flat and get ready for dinner huh? It might take us a little bit longer to get ready..." I winked at Link, slipping my hand into the back pocket of his shorts.

"I like your thinking." Link smiled back.

Later

"Where are we going you romantic fool?" I dragged Link down the stairs from our flat.

"Close your eyes!" I led him out of the door.

"Ok open!" He opened his eyes. I stood back to reveal a large moped bike for two people.

"I hired this to drive us to the countryside where I heard of this country dance that's in this barn house." I picked up his helmet and tossed it to him. He strapped it on, removing his glasses and sticking them in his bag.

An drive later

"This is so cute!" Link looked at the party. Fairy lights were hanging on the roof, drinks were sitting on the table as if it was a high school dance and people were laughing and having a good time. We dumped our bags at a table and headed to the dance floor.

"This is so much fun!" Link shouted after a couple of songs, smiling widely. We grabbed many drinks, downing one after another.

"Let's go out for a walk?" We headed out into the cool night, the sunset in the distance.

"Hey look a swing!" There was a huge swing bench covered in cushions. We sat down next to each other, his head on my lap.

"What do you think will happen to us in the future?" Link twiddled the ring on his finger.

"We keep doing what we love. We work on GMM, we love each other very much, you never know buddy..." I fiddled with his hair.

"Shall we go back for one last dance?" He stood up, swinging my hands. He jogged back inside, looking at me. Suddenly link bumped into someone, splashing their drink all over his body.

"Oh I'm so sorry!" Link turned red with worry. The other man, who was much larger than Link turned red with anger.

"Why don't you watch where you're going?!" The Frenchman shouted, pushing Link over. People turned and stared. I ran over to him, helping him up.

"You ok?" I whispered to him. He nodded.

"Go get our stuff." He walked over to the table.

"Hey!" I shouted at the man. He tried to square up to me.

"Don't! You! Ever! Touch my boyfriend!" His eyes widened.

"Well he shouldn't have walked into me." Link ran up out of nowhere, jumping between us with a glass of water. He threw the glass of water at the man, before slapping him in the face.

"No one fights my battles!" The guy shrank away from Link a little.

"Let's go Rhett." I followed him in disbelief.

"I like the feisty you!" I smiled at him, hugging him tightly.

"I think I might have had too much to drink. But I'm not always helpless!" He straddled the bike.

"Let's go and finish off our night!" He turned on the bike, ready to ride into the night.