Existential Perspective

This story is showing off the beauty of life and it's the philosophy that really did change my life in the way I live in the way I think and the way I treat the planet and the world but just everything around me and everything in this existence. Hope you enjoy

It's a really really simple and easy one to follow and to utilize in your daily life and it is the basic basic concept or I should say kind of fundamentals truth that...no body specifically knows what's really going on. That nobody has all the answers, that no religion has all the answers, that no way of life has all the answers, that no thought process has all the answers, that no emotional practice or austerity has all the answers, and this alone I think is a major tool on how we can shape our lives for the better. 

So the question then obviously becomes "why? why is it so important that nobody knows what's going on?" Well, let's just think about it. Our whole life we've been taught to follow rules, to do what our culture says, to do what our government says, to do what is expected, to follow whatever religion we're raised with, to do pretty much everything that's already been planned, and laid out because it is how it is, it's the way it should be, and therefore we should be this way because everybody else is, and that is, in reality, a bunch of rubbish. It's nonsensical and it's not the way life really is because the fact of the matter is this universe is absolutely insane now we have no real reason as to why we're here. Not only why we're here, but what us being here really means, what existence really means, what space, what a universe is, how cells somehow replicated and created complex life as we know it, living right now here billions of years after this initial Big Bang. When did that Big Bang start from, what was before the Big Bang????

These are all questions that we can ask but will never have answers to, and therefore we can't say that we know everything that every way of life is right or that every practice will ever or has ever been correct. A great example that I read about recently was the reason hippies or people that dress like hippies wear face paint, tattoo themselves, do crazy things with their hair...the reason they are so looked down upon in our society is according to a man named Morris Berman is because they show how silly this "reality" is. You know we all put on suits & ties and wear nice clothes and slick our hair back and shave our faces and put on makeup and therefore we are being part of this world correctly. We are doing this all the right way the expected way, and when somebody who comes along who looks completely different or has nothing in common with this way of living or this way of life who has crazy amounts of you know eye shadow and paintings all over and who has fake blood dripping off their lips, who has tattoos all over their face or maybe their wearing just a giant neon jumpsuit. They kind of spit in the face of this "expected reality" this "way it's supposed to be". They let our subconscious and primal mind know that this is all nonsense! That our actions are acting as if what we wear, where we go to school, what job we have...have some Universal cosmic reasoning that doing it the right way and the just way is how we attain a great life. This is all just kind of bullsh*t! It's all just things we assume and kind of cross our fingers and hope will happen and when we see these people these hippies these outcasts these punk's these people who do not fit into societal normalities are around they remind us on a subconscious level that we really don't know what's going on that we have no idea what's going on, what's right, what is or isn't the ultimate truth and therefore we're kind of lost. 

Now a lot of people might be scared of not having an ultimate reality or not knowing what's going on and that makes sense you know the unknown does create fear and you also might be asking "well, Alex you practice Buddhism. Why do you follow these practices if in the back of your mind you don't know if they're real or not or if they serve any greater purpose?" and that's really what it comes down to with this ultimate realization of nobody knowing what you know what the heck is going on is that it makes this whole life a big guessing game that we should have fun. Kind of like playing hide and seek. We're looking places, we're finding things, we're looking for new things, we're discovering, but we should never obsess or say this one discovery is all that I need ever and that's why spirituality is so important and growth is so important is because it shows us that look, you may know a lot right now, you may learn things that make sense that fit your perception of what life is but you should never stop looking keep being curious and eventually this unknown factor in life this factor of uncertainty which scares a lot of people will turn into something more so like curiosity it becomes fun we are less scared to go on this kind of Easter egg hunt and more excited than anything because we know whatever we find is probably gonna benefit us in some way or form or help us in some way we might not have discovered yet. 

Alan Watts has a great quote and it's that "Religion is the most fun when you know we don't need it." What he means is that again he agrees we're just the Big Bang, we're just the universe universing, and we're just humans humaning and there's no right way to live or wrong way to live or way we should or shouldn't live. There is only what we decide ourselves works best and what makes the most sense and what makes us wake up in the morning enjoy this existence love what's going on and therefore continue with each day all 24 hours and in a state of bliss and happiness. But what Alan Watts really means with this whole aspect of religion being the most fun when we know we don't need it is that if you can see that this is all just a big game. That there's really no set answer or set finish line or set place we will be going. That we really have no idea...well then you can kind of take all these practices that exist you know throughout the world that many many ancient teachers and philosophers and gurus and priests and noblemen have kind of used their time discovering thinking up implementing putting into their lives you can now take different aspects from all of these and apply them to your life and figure out what makes sense to you and have fun because of it. So for me in some senses, I really like absurdism and the fact that the universe is chaotic and insane and that we don't know what's going on. There also comes into it what way can we live that reduces suffering that makes life happy and joyous and that's where Buddhism comes in with the Four Noble Truths with the Eightfold Path that can liberate us from suffering and then with that well how can I be graceful how can I enjoy life how can I practice in a way that makes sense to me and that's where Hinduism comes in you know with just devoting time and love and passion to these deities however you want to see the universe however you want to visualize the universe, it's up to you and these are all things that you can decide and enjoy and not be scared by but instead be excited by when you see that really nobody knows what's going on nothing makes sense and that's really what it comes down to you know go about your day learn about science figure out what makes sense. I love studying cosmology I love space I love the idea of physics and time dilation and the fact that black holes exist. But at the same time, these are all things that if we didn't know about wouldn't affect our daily life in the slightest and therefore they are again things that are fun to learn about to keep in our brain but not things we should obsess over. What we should focus on I think is the fact that we should cultivate a life style that works best for us, one that makes us happy, one that puts us in a good emotional place and state of mind, one that lets us help people, help ourselves, stay healthy, love the universe, see all of our existence from me to this laptop to the trees around me as equal as unified and therefore with time we can create a utopian hopefully society. 

That's just my view and again that's my view because I realize that nothing is set and stone that everything is flux, existence is flux, this planet existing is a part of a wave of universal existence and it won't be here forever either. Nobody knows what's going on we're just one little species on this big rock we don't have all the answers we like to think we do, but we don't and if you can get over the fear that comes with that initially and get into learning get into new philosophies, new ways of life, new practices and start embracing that unknown aspect of life you will start loving the fact that you don't know what's going on that every day is a mystery. It's like playing a video game and every day is a new level, not scared of the level your excited to take part in it and see if you can get something done with it and that's really all I have to say. Realize that I want you guys to know that going forward especially on my wattpad account you know just me talking about the way I see topics and the way a lot of not only scientific people see topics but other wise people see topics, but you don't have to addict yourself or attach yourself to everything I say or everything any other person says or any teacher says or any guru says or any scientists says.

But yeah that's really what it comes down to it's you creating your own reality and realizing that you doing so isn't some rogue thing isn't some odd outcasting type of action it is more so you realizing the true nature of reality which is for us as one species on this ball that no one knows all the answers, no practices, no anything doesn't...everything is subject to our own perception in the way we want to live the way we want to practice in the way we want to go about our day in everyday life. We only have one human life for all we know in this body maybe more, maybe not again nobody knows so if this is it why not create the one that works best for you and that you enjoy and can love and can cherish and experience as best you possibly can feel. When I kind of realize is that nobody has all the answers that everything is just kind of what we've built to make it seem like we do, life got a lot more fun. I started taking things a lot less seriously and since then I've been in a better state of mind and it's a beautiful thing, so that is the topic for today if you have any questions or comments pleaassee feel free to message me and as always till next time