Sequel

The 25th of August, 2022

*Five years later*

I never thought that my final wish really would come true. Yes, I swear I'm not lying but guess what? I'm able to return to the earth, back to my life, as an angel. Like last time, no one can see or hear me and I decided to take advantage of it. I wanted to make sure nothing bad could happen to the people who had loved me and had taken care of me in my short life. So for the last 5 years, I visited them almost everyday, trying to protect them. I literally became their guardian angel...

And believe me when I say that a lot has changed since the accident. First of all, dad proposed to Angie shortly after in her favorite restaurant, he told her that after my death, he realized that life is too short to delay everything. He loved her, she loved him and more was not needed. It was a beautiful wedding and it made me happy to see my father smile again.

After the funeral and their graduation, I also noticed that my friends barely spoke to each other anymore, they had all gone their seperate ways to start a new chapter in their life and to build up their own music carreer. Luckily, it didn't take long until everyone realized that they couldn't live and work that far away from each other. So Ludmila decided to organize, with the help of the other girls, a reunion every month and also I tried my best to be there everytime. Our group became closer than ever and from that moment on, everything went fast;

Naty and Maxi moved in together, Fran and Diego got engaged, Federico and Ludmila travelled around the world, literally sharing their love and music, Camila and Broduey were planning to build their own dance school and Andres eventually found the love of his life.

And Leon? His music carreer was becoming very succesful, he was currently stealing the hearts from many teenage girls all over the world but he, on the other hand, hadn't found love again. But I'm sure he will. Ever.

Well, you could say, he was finally but slowly moving on. My death had hit him hard and I couldn't blame him. Even we were both only 19 years old, we were pratically sure we would spend the rest of our lifes with each other. We always joked about getting engaged straight after our graduation, but I was already gone.

All of them also didn't talk about me anymore, nor the accident nor that specific night in Sevilla. They all promised it to each other not long after the funeral. I was with them when they made this promise, it seemed better to them this way. That way nobody could get hurt anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I understand their decision but I can't hide the fact that it didn't make me happy. Already for years, no word has been spoken about me like I had never existed and that broke my heart. That's one of the reasons I come back to them everyday, beside my duty as guardian angel I can't allow them to forget about me, I just can't.

But then, one morning, something happened that changed everything...

-

I was in the hospital together with all my friends. It was surprisingly quiet in the waiting room, everyone was clearly very nervous and we were all impatiently waiting for Diego to come out of the room. Camilla's head was laying on Broduey's shoulder, Naty and Ludmila were softly whispering some things in each other ear as they were smiling and Federico, Maxi and Andres were busy with playing some game.

"Any news yet?", Leon asked whispering while he was handing out the coffee and snacks that he brought from the cafeteria. Federico shook his head as Leon groaned. We were here already for 3 hours and I saw that everyone was getting tired. I couldn't blame them though, it was only 4 o'clock in the morning when Diego called them.