Glass Rose

Aelin paced the small hotel room they had rented out near the palace. Tomorrow she would have to make a speech in front of all of Ornyth. She had to win the people over somehow but she didn't yet know how to do it.

"Is Lysandra back yet?" She snapped at Rowan who was playing go fish with Aedion at the table.

"No and trust me you would be the first to know."

Aedion agreed. "You're pacing by the door like a madman."

Lysandra had gone out to get Evangeline back at where ever they had left her, Aelin couldn't recall. Her memory was still muddled from being in the iron coffin, the only things she could remember clearly was being everyone except Aelin. How was she suppose to convince everyone she could be the queen if she could hardly remember being who that was. She remembered Aedion from their childhood and Lysandra from theirs. She did have to stop her from killing her though as apparently they are best friends now. Something that Aelin had gotten very used to very fast.

"I am Celaena Sardothien and I will not be afraid." She muttered to herself.

Aedion looked up from his card game. "Actually you're Aelin Ashryver Galathynius and you will not be afraid."

"Right." She nodded. "Aelin Ashryver Galathynius."

Aelin kept pacing as if that would make her remember faster. She briefly recalled meeting Rowan but not enough to be his lover or anything. Not enough to love him in return and this fact alone killed him.

"How's the speech going?" Rowan stood and put his arm gingerly around her tiny waist, hoping she'd remember or fall back in love with him but for some reason she couldn't, the bond wasn't clicking.

"It's going." She said blankly, curling out of his arm. She didn't mean to be so rude like this but she couldn't bare the feel of his arms. Not when the memory of Sam was so fresh in her mind.

Sure Dorian and Chaol came after him and she remembered them like it was yesterday as well but they ended up together. They each have partners, Sam wasn't so lucky.

She went to stand next to Aedion and ducked into his arms, looking at Rowan with wide eyes. "I'm sorry." She said but that was all she could offer him. How she might have ever fallen for this man was beyond her as he was nothing like Sam.

Just then Lysandra and Evangeline flung open the door and marched inside. Aelin was in Lys' arms in a heartbeat and soon after hugging the small girl that she had come to know as her niece.

"How was your day?" Lysandra asked her.

"It was so boring! All these two did was play cards all day." She jabbed her finger in the direction of the two boys who were still immersed in their riveting game of go fish.

"How boring. They didn't try to reenact your memory at all?"

Aelin shook her head. "I don't think Rowan is particularly motivated anymore. I still don't remember him."

"You might grow to love him again."

"He worked for Maeve."

"Not anymore." Aedion said loudly.

Aelin shook her head. "I can't be sure."

Evangeline only shrugged. "You'll get there."

Lysandra nodded. "Is your speech for later ready?"

"Yes, but I'm tired." It wasn't a lie exactly, it was getting late and she needed her sleep for tomorrow but more than anything she just wanted to be with the girls. She liked Aedion but they were still catching up after he left and Rowan... well he worked for Maeve and cannot be trusted.