Prologue

*Kamira* October 14th, 2015
Moss Point. It's different. Don't get me wrong, I grew up in Compton for part of my life, but it was still a culture shock. I went from Compton to Beverly Hills, and now to Moss Point. My mother had moved here with me, and my 4 younger siblings, along with my older sister, who would help around the house while my mom was at work. Why did we move to Moss Point? My father was best friends with Melvin Booker, a basketball legend from the town. He would become my coach as I played for the boys team. Why? My dad believed that I could make it to the NBA. I was his favorite because I wanted and believed in the same dream he did and I was almost there. At the end of my junior year, I signed with University of Kentucky to play with Coach Calipari. My dad made a deal with Melvin that if anything happened to us, my mom would move us down from Beverly Hills to Moss Point. The day of my signing was the worst of my life.
--flashback--
I looked up at my father and smiled brightly at him and he did so back. I slid the white and blue UK snapback on my long wavy hair. I looked down at the certificate and went to sign my name. Mid signing, I hear a bang and my white sheet and face is covered with red. I look up to see my father no longer smiling and his appearance is replaced with a look of fear and a round cherry red hole in his forehead. He fell to the group and began bleeding in the ground, causing all hell to break lose. My older brothers were calling an ambulance, my baby sisters and brother were crying hard, my teenage brother had passed out and my 2 other sisters were attempting to calm my baby siblings as my mother screamed for help. I was frozen in shock as a stared at my father. I looked up in the direction the bullets came from only to see my dad's old teammate and his son running out of the room, glock in hand. He shot own teammate. I never got that.
---end---
My dad was my hero. I never imagined that people would hate his actions. I was going to be the first woman in the NBA, whether people like it or not. I'm not doing it for just myself, I'm doing it for my father and to show everyone they were wrong.

*Devin* December 20th, 2015
"Glad to see you here son. You too Ulis," my dad said hugging us. Tyler and I, decided to go down to Moss Point to see the team and be with my dad for a few days during out Christmas break before we go back to Kentucky. "Glad to be here," we said. It was game day and my dad had said that he had a surprise. "So what's the surprise?" I asked. "A new player. They are committed to Kentucky and they are quite extraordinary." My father was beaming. "What's his name?" Tyler asked," I wanna meet him." "The team is warming up so you can go watch," he said as we made our way to the gym," Oh and her name is Kam. Kam Adams, short for Kamira." Tyler and I looked at each other. We walked into the gym and sat down in the bleachers among the other students and parents that came to watch the game. I look at the team and see her. She's wearing a number 3 jersey. She was about 5'10, had hazel green eyes, long wavy light brown hair that was in a long braid down her back. She was beautiful. The game was starting and I made sure to watch her. She was a starter and when they called her name, I hear a large group cheering. A women who was in her late 40s was up in the bleachers surrounded by 8 young people, presumably her kids. Must be Kamira's family.
The game was intense and Kamira was in fire. She was making the other team so angry. Towards the end the 3rd quarter, Kamira shot a 3 and got an and 1.  She stood up and flexed causing the boy who fouled her to punch her. He was ejected and she turned towards the bench, wiping the blood from from mouth and nose on her arm. She looked the bleachers and made eye contact with me. I smiled at her and she smirked. They went on to win the game. I went to congratulate the team. I went up to my old friend AJ. "Wassup Book?!" "Wassup AJ?" We dapped each other up and got in a conversation about Kamira. "Yea we got our own female Booker. The girl is almost like you." I laughed with him. I looked at my old teammate, who was now a senior signed to play at UCONN in the fall. "Speak of the devil," he smiled behind me. Kamira came up to AJ and hugged him and gave him a kiss. So they're dating. She turned to look at me. "You must Melvin's son, Devin. Your dad talks about you a lot. I'm Kamira Adams. Call me Kam or Mira. Take your pick." "Okay babe my dad is waiting so I'll see you later." She hugged AJ and he walked off leaving me with her. "How do you know AJ?" She asked. "He was my teammate and best friend last year." She stood there and nodded. We made small conversation before a lady who looked a little older than her approached us. "Mira, mom says it's time to go." Then she walked off. "It was nice meeting you Devin." She turned to leave, but I grabbed her arm. "Can I have your number?" She looked at me. "I'll make a deal, if I see you again, you can have it....bye Devin." She then turned and walked off and I stared at her butt as she walked off. At that moment I thought I'd never see her again, but little did I know that in a few years time, we'd be seeing each other a lot more than either of us had expected.