Friends

About an hour into my drive home, I thought I would give Roman a call just to check on him. I knew he wasn't doing well. I could tell by his body language and facial expressions that I probably crushed his whole world. So I felt it was only right that I check on him.

He answers sounding irritated, "Yeah?"

"Is that how you answer the phone?" I say trying to be funny.

Sounding more irritated, "What's up Gia! Why are you calling? Did you forget something?"

"No, I was just calling to check on you. I know you're hurt about the outcome but I still care about you, I just want to make sure you're good." I say honestly

"Yeah, I'm good. Is there anything else?"

"Are you mad at me?" I asked hoping the answer was no but she knew the answer was really yes.

"No, I'm not mad at you."

"Joe you forget we spent 2 years together. I know you very well and I can tell something is wrong with you and I'm sure you're still upset about the conversation we had. I'm trying to call you to smooth things over."

Getting angry, "Gia why? You don't care, you've made that clear to me and I get it now."

"If I did not care I would not have called you nor would I have drove almost and his and a half just to have a 15 minute conversation with you. Stop being like that and talk to me."

He snaps, "Fine, I'll talk to you, the conversation didn't change anything. I still want you and you coming here just made me want you even more. You said you'd come back, getting married wasn't the plan." 

Just then I think back to the conversation Joe and I had before I left in New Orleans.

*****Flashback*****

There was a knock on my door. I knew it was Gia so I just opened without looking first. "Hey." she says sounding nervous. "I just wanted to come by and say goodbye and-"

I cut her off with a kiss on the lips, "I really don't want to talk." I pick her up and take her to the bed.

She pulls me down on top of her, "Just give me some time to work things out. I'm going to come back to you."

"I don't care if it takes years, I'll be here waiting on you." I take a minute to admire her beauty one last time then I kiss her again. This time with more passion and more intense.

Looking into her eyes, "I don't know how i'm supposed to let you go. I don't know if I cant let you walk away from me again."

She smiles, "I don't want you to. Just be in this moment, right now." She kisses me on the lips, "Don't think, just be right here with me."

I couldn't help that I was having second thoughts about letting her go be with Orton. It was like I was seeing her for the first time and I was falling in love with her all over again. I knew if I let her leave I wasn't going to see her again but I knew she had already made up her mind and I helped her, I pushed her to that decision. All I could do was be in the moment and remember all the memories we had, good and bad especially this one.

I leaned down, closed my eyes and kissed her. I took my time with her, I didn't rush anything. I wanted the last time we were intimate to be perfect.

*****End of Flashback*****

I sigh, "I didn't expect for this to happen either Joe but I don't know what you want me to do."