Chapter Two

Ryou's POV
I woke up with a fright and screamed to the heavens. I quickly stopped and looked around to see I was in no sort of reality I have ever heard or seen of before. Everything looked like a dark purple abyss with no signs of life for miles.

I went to move my hand and instantly looked down upon it when I felt like I no longer had flesh on my hand. I stared in horror as I realized my hand was transparent. I placed my hand on my body and saw it was transparent as well.

I quickly stood up and began to spin around as I searched for anything, anything at all besides swirling purple background. I even looked at my feet and jumped when I thought I was going to fall. However, I soon realized the floor was just undefined.

Putting that small matter behind me, I brought my brain back to, where am I? I looked for anything that could explain why I was here. What was this place? How could I get out? I seem to have lost all memory of how, why, and when I got here. I just needed answers.

I ended up picking a random direction and running that way. I couldn't just sit where I was. I had to move.

I ran for so long, not seeing anything new yet I never grew tired. I wasn't even sure if time was passing at all. I couldn't even tell if I was actually moving. Everything looked the same.

Haven't I seen that swirl before?

I stopped dead in my tracks and screamed to the heavens. I wasn't angry; I was confused, scared, and alone. I collapsed onto the ground and began to cry. I felt so alone. I just wanted someone, anyone, to come and say hello. I wouldn't even care about my questions. I just want someone to be here with me.

As I laid there, crying, I thought on what could have potentially happened. My first thought was other me. He has been wanting to get rid of me ever since I found the millennium ring. If he truly did cast me out, where did he send me? Can I actually get back? The same questions just swarmed my mind, haunting me like a dormant monster under a child's bed, waiting for them to fall asleep.

Like that fearful child, the sudden need for sleep consumed my body. Running didn't make me tired but it appeared the crying did. My brain just felt like it needed me to rest so it could try and process everything.

Tears still rolling down the side of my face, my whimpering began to cease until I eventually fell asleep.

Throughout all the chaos, I surprisingly did not dream. I had a restful sleep. Where, when I woke up, I almost thought I was waking up from a bad dream. That was until my gaze focused and I realized that dream was my reality.

I sat up and wrapped my arms around my legs, burring my face in my knees. I needed a moment to think about what I was going to do. What I was planning to do to try and find someone.

I couldn't be the only one here, right? Other me has casted many people off of Earth. Someone has to be here somewhere.

Then a sickening thought came to mind.

What if I am dead? Is this what the afterlife is like? Just an empty abyss that neither tortures nor cherishes the soul? Am I a lost soul?

If I am dead, does that mean other me is too? No, couldn't be. Other me wouldn't allow his only ability to get the millennium items slip away if he thought something was too dangerous for his vessel- aka my body.

I wish I knew how to control other me. He forced me to stay in my soul room as he did what he liked. The only time he allowed me out was so I could fool my friends. He threatened that if I peeped a word he would ensure my friends met a horrible fate. Knowing other me, he was never bluffing.

"Other me. He is out there with them." I stood up and began to walk in a random direction. I couldn't allow other me to take advantage of my friends. I had to try and get back to my body. I just had to.

~~~
Next chapter will be better. Got to get just minimal things out of the way first. Anyways, hope you enjoyed!